1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking rules?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by scr1bles, 22 Dec 2009.

1. scr1bles

scr1bles What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I'm new to the folding team, and was just wondering really, where we stand with contributing to the team with overclocked computers, as they are more likely to return incorrect results???

2. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

As long as you keep an eye on them for the first week or so to make sure that there not erroring half way thu work units, etc then they should be fine.

3. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

You can use a third party application called FahWatch to alert you to EUEs (Early_Unit_End) errors. EUE and NAN (Not_A_Number) errors are the most likely problems to show up with overclocking.

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Link? Google's not being helpful

5. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Cheers.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Everything I fold on is overclocked and I haven't had any problems to date, so you just need to find a stable overclock and stick to it. Good cooling is essential though, even more so than when you run games on overclocked hardware.

8. scr1bles

scr1bles What's a Dremel?

yes im still running an old athlon XP socket A cooler on a am2 X2 5000+ OC'ed, should probably do something about that

9. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

I'm all with you here, good cooling is everything. Then you have to think if your power supply isn't too weak and if voltages are upped properly. So in short, lower temps, good PSU that can provide enough and stable juice, and appropriate voltages are the key. I'm on overclocked hardware and WU by WU I don't get any errors at all.

10. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

ALL my CPU's are overclocked, as long you you stress them with LinX and IntelBurnTest for a good 10-12hours (ideally 24) making sure temps are within limits then all will be good.

My oldest CPU ive had folding is a Q6600@3.1ghz and its been non stop @100% 24/7 for about a year now and never missed a beat :D