Photos [P] Pictures from Scotland

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Tomm, 1 Jun 2007.

1. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I've just been to Scotland for the weekend and naturally took loads of pictures. I'm working my way through them slowly, and I'll probably add more to this thread as I go along, but here are two I've done so far. As usual, comments are appreciated :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Neji

Neji Minimodder

They are both great but I love the first one. It has great depth? Perspective? Anyway feels like my eyes can just walk down and under that bridge. Love it.

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Both shots are outstanding! :clap:

I like the composition of the bridge picture, the orange cloud in the top right corner draws the eye across the picture. The reflection of the sky under the bridge nicely balances the middle of the picture and helps to make the bridge stand out with out making it look dull. The grass adds a nice burst of colour to the foreground. Top work. :thumb:

The seal looks slightly soft and the dead eyes are really creepy!

Where about in Scotland where you?

4. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

The first one is great, but I can't help but think it's an HDR image. As for the otter, it's a little blurry, but the lighting is prime!

5. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

It's a seal, not an otter ;) But yeah, you're right it is a bit blurred - It looked much better on camera. I think I've got another one which is sharper, I might stick that up too.

This was in and around the Isle of Mull - The seal was taken on Mull (Loch Spelve if you know the area) and the bridge is on nearby Seil (pronounced 'seal', haha) Island.

6. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

Haha... seal.

The thing though, is my personal framing preference - I tend to like to have subjects offset more toward the left. This may reflect the fact that our language is written left to right, so my own photography would follow the same guidelines. The seal shot is great, but the placement is slightly straining for me - it doesn't detract from a shot - I'm sure I'm one of the few who get bothered by it.

7. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

The bridge is just an awesome shot, love the framing.

It looks like the focal length was slightly off, the ripples in the foreground look nice and sharp, damn those moving critters :)

Tags: