1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P4 2.4 @ 2.84!! (formerly Look at what I just got my hands on...)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yo-DUH_87, 21 Sep 2002.

1. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Prety good! I have a 2.0 "lying around," but I don't play with it, my sis gets mad when I tear into her computer :naughty:

Any PNY overclocking tips??

EDIT: Sorry quack, didn't see your post! Just got the email notification!

That overclocking utility is nicccccccccceeeeeeeee! I'll probibly spend the rest of the day playing with it!

Last edited: 25 Sep 2002
  2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Hows about this then

3. j`w0n

j`w0n What's a Dremel?

You definately need the new 40.41 detonators...it will increase score by 1000.

Look at my score...there's some motivation for you. :D

Last edited: 25 Sep 2002
  4. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

Oh no!! Dont tell the devil I didnt send my registration card in. I dont want his thugs to find me. :eeek: :eeek:
    I wasnt trying to be mean or anything, I just found it weird, thats all. My card is a PNY 4400 and at 4600 speeds it gets about 10600 3dmarks. I was just curious why yours were a little low. Thats all. :D
    If you update to the 40.52 dets then there is an overclock utility built into the drivers, at least thats what I found. I just have mine running at 300/600 because I dont need anymore power than that and when I get to around 310/620 I get some whacked out artifacts. I hope your 4600 can get a little higher than that. :D I need to get some ramsinks, that would probably help since the ram gets kinda warm to the touch.

Oh, and of course Spike has to show off his 9700. :rolleyes: :D

5. Yo-DUH_87

It's fine, don't fret it. I was wondering the same thing, I had a friend come over and laugh, all I did to him was make him watch 3DMark run, and he sobered up ;)

Nice scores, spike! ATI sure does cards right!

downloading the "beta" drivers as I type!

Over and out...

6. j`w0n

j`w0n What's a Dremel?

Nice score spike...but I'm curious...why is your FSB only at 128? Mine is at 142 plus it's an athlon. Did you raise the multiplier a lot or somethin'?

7. Yo-DUH_87

8. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

See, thats more like it. :D Thats a nice score, I was hoping for 11k but my little system just cant quite make it that high. :waah: Guess I may have to buy an XP. ;)

9. j`w0n

j`w0n What's a Dremel?

Don't stop until you beat me!!! lol jk...

Hey crazyguy...where did you get those 40.52 dets!!!??? tell me! I neeeed...

10. Yo-DUH_87

[j/k]Don't waste your money on another AMD, trun to the light ;)[/j/k] /me goes and fills out windows regestration card, hurridly :naughty:

Seriously, though, if you get a new system, get one that supports ddr400, like the soyo kt400, or the p4x400 (like mine). It improves the system's preformance sooooooo much, it is hard to beleave.

The overclock was successful, and I;m still messing with it, attempting to squeze more out of it!

I told one of my friends about my overclock, and he thought I had gone bonkers! Poor guy, he is still running on a 466 Celeron (hey, want to run PCMark for a while??? :hehe: )

Signing out...

11. Yo-DUH_87

Rest assured, I have all weekend...

Ditto here about the 40.52 drivers, all I could get was the 40.41s!

Anyone have a way to overclock the Intel P4s more? I don't think that the cpu multiplier does anything, sandra regesters no change...

12. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

I got the 40.52s at http://www.guru3d.com more specifically winnt, win2k/xp, and/or win98/me

Hey, I like my Athlon, nice and cheap, but performs up there with your expensive P4:p :D I already have an abit kx7-333r but i will get a kd7 when they get really cheap and I have extra money. That and I wont be getting an XP unless its either a 1700+ for really cheap or the last XP on 462 before hammer. mmmmmmmm hammer, too expensive for me though. Gonna get me a barton. :D

13. Yo-DUH_87

Thanks dude! Just reinstalled Windows eXtremely stuPid, so I should be able to use these drivers right off!

To 12000, and beyond!!

14. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

No problem dude. :D :rock:

15. j`w0n

j`w0n What's a Dremel?

Darn, there was no performance change with the 40.52s.

I'm hoping to break 13k...that is my goal.

16. [JP]MrLOL

[JP]MrLOL What's a Dremel?

nice OC dude

but the 2.26 is the best overclockering northwood B Intel have done.

17. Jamie

Its a Pentium 4 2.0A which means it defaults to 100 fsb (400 because of quad data rate). The only way to overclock P4's is to increase the fsb, no multiplyer options since it is locked.

I will be getting a 2.53B for today so that i can get started at 133fsb :D

Yes but they sure run hot too .... ouch!

I might have over 15k when I next post :)

18. Yo-DUH_87

Ok, new PCMark scores!

http://service.madonion.com/compare?pcm=692593

Just reloaded Windows eXtremely stuPid, for the 3rd time in 2 days, so my scores are prety good!

Anyone had stability problems with the 40.52 drivers? My system kept crashing, even with the overclock (both cpu and GPU) turned off! I reloaded (using the old drivers), and life is good... I'll try the newer drivers as soon as I get a restore point going ;)

Spike: I think that 3.0 GHz will come easy, with the 2.53, you might even be able to do it with the stock heatsink!

BTY, anyone know about the intel CPU multpliers? I keep trying to set mine higher, but my speed doesn't go up, I don't even get higher temps :(

Thanks!

BTY, it's my birthday! Yeahoo (donations towards a new shiney Pentium 4 2.8 GHz accepted!)!! I'm also sick :( What a bummer :sigh:

19. j`w0n

j`w0n What's a Dremel?

Like Spike said earlier, Intel CPUs do not allow multiplier adjustments. My friend just got his 2.53 and is running at 3GHz easy at about 40ºC...with PCMark CPU score of about 7200, nice.

20. Jamie