1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P5N SLi onboard sound problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ethanator, 8 Apr 2007.

1. ethanator

ethanator Waste not want not

I have an asus p5n sli and i cant get any sound to come from my speakers. I am running vista home premium 32 bit. i downloaded the vista drivers from the asus website but it didnt do anythng. is there anything i can do or do i need to get a sound card?

2. radarbeam

radarbeam New Member

Hi Ethanator,

Is your onboard sound enabled in your BIOS? It's under device management or something like that.

Radar

3. ethanator

Yes it is.

4. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Member

What does device manager say? Are there any device with a yellow exclamation against them? Also sounds really stupid but you do have the speakers plugged into the correct port at the back?

5. radarbeam

radarbeam New Member

Ethanator,

Something similar happened to me last week when I plug my headset in the case front audio port all of a sudden all audio stopped.

I had to go into the control panel under Realtek Audio and un-mute the sytem as it did it on his own ....might be worth taking a look.

Let us know how it turn out.

6. ethanator

no there isnt anything in device manager and yes they are plugged into the right audio port.

I also checked all the sound/voume controls and they are all unmuted and turned up.

thanks though,