1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P_R_I_M_E -- Completed.. 12/24

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by scopEDog, 29 May 2003.

1. lchyi

lchyi New Member

Hehe, what would be really cool is if that case actually "transformed" into something. With 840w you can probably power up any hydraulic device to do so haha.

2. scopEDog

scopEDog New Member

Yup! thats the idea ;) If armageddon ever comes, you guys know how to reach me :)

Well I'm using a relay to power the second when the first comes on. The reaon why 2 480's is because I wanted to over spec my power requirements. In my experience a bigger power supply running a smaller load generates less heat on the exhaust. Which leads to your next question..

I wanted to stay with the truck theme, so the power supplies had to be up front on the bottom as part of my design. As explained above I wanted to lessen exhaust temps so when PRIME is finished I can test for it. Might have to do a custom duct but too early to say.

Thanks for the input guys...stay tuned for something special :D

3. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

you could take a ground and the green wire from the ATX connector on the second psu and splicce it in with the grean and another ground from the other ps's atx cnnector. then there would be no use for a relay, and you could remove all the unused wire from the second psu's atx connector. Unless you wanted to use some of them for dedicatedpower to some mods.

4. maeterlinck

maeterlinck New Member

Furry muff, I'm still a little sceptical to be honest, I think even without a huge load then there will still be a fair amount of heat coming from there...

But I'm happy to stick with your judgement here - I'm also loving the mystery your adding to the whole thread... (edge of my seat :D)

5. scopEDog

scopEDog New Member

Before I get into the exciting stuff, here is my progress so far:

[​IMG]

I added a "window" to the PSU's and LED inside. It gave it a nice touch me thinks :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I did a test fit of the mobo tray. Yup its your standard issue Lian Li mobo tray. I took the right measurements so I can properly mount the "rails" and at the end the tray will slide in and out.

And now...

Mini-Contest Time!

Well I wanted to give back to the BT modding community that has helped me so much in the past. I decided to make an extra set of something I designed(It will be used on PRIME) and this item is the star of this contest.

I hope the BT staff doesn't mind, just thought it would be fun :) For the person who tells me EXACTLY what is displayed in the following picture, I'll send it to them FREE of charge (just pay shipping). The first post in this log on sept. 15 that correctly answers this is the winner. Its not too tough, and don't post early if you know what it is! Here ya go:

[​IMG]

And sorry but there are some people excluded from this(people who have seen it already), you know who you are :)

Now I'm just waiting for some critical parts to come in so updates should be coming soon :dremel:

6. olv

olv he's so bright

ooooo a competition :D

I like the wATX stylee!

Now time to work out what those things are haha they will be MINE!

7. bee2643

bee2643 New Member

dude thats nice
    your gonna need a forklift to haul that thing to and from lans tho :hehe:

8. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Member

very nice work on it so far I like it :jawdrop:

9. FlashPanHunter

FlashPanHunter New Member

Hehe, I like the scavenged motherboard. You can tell the old lian li case "Dont worry, It has gone to a better place now. It will be happy." :p

10. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I can't wait for more updates on this, it's a great project so far. I'm just waiting for someone to guess the right answer to the competition sometime tonight :hehe:

11. sqaulidhummer

sqaulidhummer New Member

wow nice :eeek:

but how do you make a pic like this ???

12. scopEDog

scopEDog New Member

Months and months of planning..and a wonderful program called Sketchup :)

So does anybody have an idea of what that picture is? Don't post it yet though, I'm curious to see if people think they might know :D

13. MaSHim0t0

MaSHim0t0 New Member

truely amazing :clap:

14. Hwulex

Hwulex New Member

O... M... G! I'd totally missed this log up till now - HOW!?

Anyway, looking fantastic scopEDog! Prime is a legend amongst legends, and a true favourite of mine
    /glances over at 2 copies of 'The Move' on his shelf, and old Prime toy still in his wardrobe :hip:

You need to make the front open-able (?) and get a glowing Matrix in there. :rock:
    Oh, and some phat-ass double-wheels on the bottom for transport as well. :D

15. complexprocess

complexprocess New Member

"Do not grieve. Soon I will be one with the matrix." (Yes, I've shed tears during that scene. Pick on me if you must, but I know you've done the same.)

scopEDog, the case is coming along well. The power supplies look awesome. Total class.

16. maeterlinck

maeterlinck New Member

i think i know, but then again doubt does creep in and corrode my idea...

I may not be able to post on the 15th because of moving to uni and our new 2mb (<insert boast here...> :D) hasn't been installed. Umm reserve a seat for me...

17. rodaniel

rodaniel New Member

I'm thinking that those cool-looking mystery parts are mounting brackets for an awesome, yet-to-be disclosed resevior. :dremel:

So, now that I've guessed and won the contest, whadda I get? :naughty:

18. bee2643

bee2643 New Member

your answer, sir:
    :clap:

19. olv

olv he's so bright

shame he's two days early lol :lol:

20. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I said that would happen :rolleyes: