1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paintball vs. Airsoft

Discussion in 'General' started by NissanFrontier, 14 Jan 2005.

1. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Airsoft, CQB CTF tbh.

2. dom_

dom_ --->

thats not airsoft though its above 6mm :D

but if you have the money im sure you could buy a toytec or asahi one. but these are rarer then golden eggs with gems in them.

/me strokes original toytec p90

edit: actually read that link now and i take back 90% of above :eek:

3. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

i did not read it all< and my comp is messed up commas aer < and stuff? so anyway i have been airsofting for one or two years< and i would start off with a springer (spring gun) and then if u like it get an aeg (electric gun)< one springer i would really reccomend is the mp5 sd3? I think you can get it at Shortyusa for around $44, www.shortyusa.com and get only .2 bbs and a mask. The Mp5 is nicer than some 70 plus springers, and very accurate. Then if you like it, move up to an aeg. about 300 plus.

4. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

another cheapy light feel gun is a KWC, i have it was $15 so if u treat it nicely, its a good gun, because its light, pretty powerful, and cheap.

5. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I've never actually played either one of them. I don't have any time to do either. I don't even think there is an airsoft course or whatever around here. My little brother bought an airsoft pistol. It's pretty cool, I like it because it's a replica of a real pistol.

6. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

I jsut realized, if ur playing in ur back yard, another big factor would be the paint. :duh:

7. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

Most springers are just pointless for a proper airsoft skirmish as the concepts of range and accuracy are somewhat alien to them.

8. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

not if its in his back yard, and he's using the mp5sd3

9. dom_

dom_ --->

in your back yard it shooting your mates.

in a proper game its shooting mates and un knowns with tactics plans and goals over several acres or more.
    try and get to a real match you might love it.

another bonus for airsoft is we call them guns. paintballers guns are called "markers" too pc for me.

10. NissanFrontier

NissanFrontier What's a Dremel?

Where we will be playing is not in my backyard. It is a area of woods down the road from my house next to a creek. The paint is not a problem. no one will ever see the paint except me and him. There are zero paintball fields around here. The closest ones are like a hour or more away. It may not be just him and me for long.

Well we were supposed to play yesterday but since we had a little snow flurry(spelling?) my friend chickened out on me. So I got tired of waiting to see how bad they hurt, so I went in our front yard and let my dad and sister shoot me. My sister hit me twice in the shoulder and it hurt but not to bad. But I don't think it's any need to upgrade because those guns shoot far enough. The woods we are playing in are kinda thick so I think they will be just fine. Anybody got any tips on hiding? I'm going to get a ghillie suit someday but, right now all I have is a Real Tree camo shirt and gray pants I have painted my mask with green and brown streaks and my paintball gun.

I really want to hide and shoot him and be able to run back away with him not hitting me one time. That would make him so mad. He is prison guard wo has gone through tons of gun training and all that and if I hide and shoot him and withdraw before he could shoot back would get him so good :D.

We are playing in woods that were clear cutted and then re-planted with pine trees but from about 20 yards from the creek was not cut because of erosion. In certain areas the creek has cleared because of when it rains alot the creek comes over the banks and floods the area out making a clearing. After 20 yards from the creek it starts to go uphill and then the REALLY thick pine trees start. So there are tons of places to hide.

Also anyone got any ideas on types of games you can play with just two people? I thought about 3 hits your out CTF where if you capture the flag you win or if you shoot the other guy 3 times you win.

Wow this is a really long post :D

.:EDIT:.
    Oh yeah my Dad owns all this land and will be mine someday. So were are not playing on someone elses land. We own over 150 acres of land.

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Guy in my form @ school has an airsoft place (or at least, his dad owns it). He's got some dead smart gear, although I only went once :p . Was quite fun though :)

<A88>

12. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

i advise you use the surrender rule, where if you manage to sneak up behind them, point the gun in their face and shout surrender then they have to accept. this way you dont get any close range shooting, which hurts like a bitch

13. dom_

dom_ --->

you pony!

shoot him in the teeth! :D

honestly though dont do it! its why they have full face masks, i have seen 2 players who used to wear goggles only and now have a few chips on their teeth.
    (airsoft players)

as for close range, i still remember one guy sneaking up on the bunker, shot him on the top of the head quick burst. First time i had seen someone bleed from an untuned aeg. i felt kinda guilty.

14. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i shot myself in the foot from about 3" with a stock TM aeg (i wanted to see how much it would hurt :D) that bled a little for a while :duh:

15. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

my friend pretended to shoot me at point blank with a TM G3SG1 AEG. Except he forgot he had the battery in, safety off and a loaded magazine. It stung for a little bit.

16. NissanFrontier

NissanFrontier What's a Dremel?

Yeah I came up with that idea right after I got shot in the back. :D

Seems fishy :hehe: J/K

17. Springs

Springs Boing boing

ive been shot across the hand once when i was in a paintballing match... hurt like hell... :waah: it was an illegal move anyways but no one did anything about it... :( after this thread appeared and reading it... i think i might give airsoft ago one day... see how it truly compares to paintballing

18. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

My mate just bought a G36c and now i want one :sigh: problem being i'm a poor ass student. Looks like i'll have to get a job :waah:

19. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

the best thing about the surrender rule is that you can run up to ppl with an empty gun and get em to surrender :D done that before, was so funny.... i never found out who the person i did it to was though

20. zx2assassin

zx2assassin What's a Dremel?

Paintballing all the way...I love it so much, much better then airsoft if im gonna play a game with fake guns it at least better hurt. Well thats all I have to say about which is better and paintball you can definatly tell if you were hit. In case anyone is wondering which im sure your not I have A Tippmann A-5 With Flatline barrel (the barrel gives me an extra 100 feet of shooting over normal guns :D ).