1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Painting black plastic

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bones, 24 Sep 2004.

1. Bones

Bones What's a Dremel?

I have a black calculator and I want to paint it blue. How should i go about this? Would that krylon fusion stuff work? Thanks!

2. LODRazor1

LODRazor1 What's a Dremel?

For the best results, try to take the calculator apart so that you have the bare plastic outter shell pieces with no electronics,buttons, etc attached. From there, lightly sand the shell pieces with 220 or higher sandpaper. The Krylon Fusion paint for plastics works very well, so you could use that. You could also use vinyl dye. Vinyl dye is just like paint, but the plastic actually absorbs the dye leaving a more natural finish, rather than a painted finish. Hope this helps.

3. Bones

Bones What's a Dremel?

Thanks this krylon fusion stuff rocks! It turned out great all that i need to do now is clear coat it any suggetions for that? I am only gonna make a new layout for the buttons just need to find someplace to print that out for me any suggestions where to get them printed? Thanks again for your help maybe i will post pics later>

Last edited: 26 Sep 2004