1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcel2go lost my parcel

Discussion in 'Serious' started by b1g-d0g, 13 Jul 2021.

1. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Sold my G502 wireless mouse on another forum, packed well as anybody that has bought anything from me will know I over pack items, label printed, driver picked it up on the 1st of this month reported delivery day was the 5th so all good then the 5th comes and goes nothing so I check the tracking it says.
    1/Driver pick up scan
    2/ At the deopt
    Then it's sat as that from today I've been in contact with them the parcel was sent by DHL they are looking into it and today I was asked by email can I send them proof the package was picked up by the driver, I've told them it's on the tracking information on the website, I've screen printed the page I'll put it up later as proof.
    The reason I've started this thread is I may need the good service of my bit tech friends incase they try and fob me off as I'm not good at legal stuff, I'll keep you updated as it goes.
    Thanks.

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

It's a digital signature that they need for auditing purposes. If it's present, they can't make it not present. Your safe. If they didn't pick it up it wouldn't exist and it does. If it's good enough for their records then the same can be said for your own.

3. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Thanks for the reply mate.

4. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I had similar when DPD Local managed to lose a SecretLab return -- they kept insisting I provide proof of non-delivery, conveniently ignoring all their messages and tracking, saying they couldn't find the delivery address, then couldn't find the parcel.

Hopefully it's just someone currently overloaded with work going through a checklist without actually checking the tracking etc - if not just dig your heels in & be prepared to use their own T&Cs against them.

5. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Yeh it's mad that they can say different to their tracking on the website, I've sent many item through them and not one courier has gave me a receipt.

6. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Well had a reply they have lost my parcel and will not compensate me even though I done everything correctly so they don't even stick by their claims on the website they are saying I didn't give them the I'm formation they asked for, how can I give them the driver collecting receipt when I didn't get one in the first place.
    It's disgusting how they treat their customers.

7. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Update I got a email after I told them i was going to contact the DTI and the refund has been issued.
    I just want to say thanks for letting me vent on here.

8. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Beauty! Glad all worked out but I have to agree, it is disgusting that the information they use to protect you on they try to claim isn't valid when it comes to yourself. I only ever use royal mail. It's expensive, not the most reliable but they do protect their customers if the receipt you have shows something wasnt delivered.

9. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Aye royal mail will from now on. :)

10. oscy

oscy Modder

This is their standard practice. I knew exactly what you were gonna say when I saw the title. Same thing happened to me buying something on the marketplace forum a few weeks, and in all the reviews when I Googled them.

It gets 'scanned' at depot and then just sits there, or it's get scanned back and forth. Next day delivery is meaningless. Contacting them on their secret email is pot luck and more likely to get a fix if you've left a public negative review and are the poster rather than receiver. Then either magically it arrives next day after they 'look into it' or you might get a refund.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do it on purpose. Steal things so they can sell it at auction as a second revenue stream, as Hermes have been shown to do. I hope your mouse's new owner likes it.

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I cant remember who it was who messed me around, actually told me they had lost the parcel but refused to pay out any claim on it. Umm hang on you have just admitted to having lost it??.

Agreed to pay up then well i never the parcel turned up the next day, funny that.

Got a feeling it was parcel to go and maybe using My hermes so no surprise there right.

edit.. @oscy Spooky, pretty much what happened to me.

12. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

As it was identified as computer mouse I think this was the reason it when missing as pc parts are quite valuable at this time in covid.

13. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I’ve found buying a few of those tamper evident stickers from eBay and slapping them all over the parcel and writing “package secured by Ultraviolet smart theft” tends to get your parcel unmolested.