So this project has been a very VERY long time coming. I didn't want to post it here until it was sufficiently along so as to avoid tormenting everybody haha. If you're into reading, here's the story behind the build: This build technically began back in 2015, when I was contacted by Parvum Systems and asked if I wanted to do a collaboration project with them, something downright crazy. We got hold of the first pieces of hardware, 4x Titan Xs, an Asus X99E-WS and a Superflower 2000W Leadex Platinum 8-Pack Edition, and the mod seemed like it would be a quick in-out. Unfortunately, things are never that easy. This build has a nasty catch 22. The hardware was so significant and the idea sufficiently large in scale, that financing it would involved almost complete sponsorship. Anybody here used to doing that will understand how difficult that can be. The first hurdle was finding a supplier for the WC parts, as I couldn't begin the design work without that. Believe me, finding somebody who was able and willing to provide WC gear for a QuadSLI setup only a couple years ago was hard. Similarly, getting a CPU seemed impossible, even RAM was a no-go, same deal with storage. So basically I was stuck with a lot of wonderful hardware... and no way to use it. It took almost a year for things to really change. After saving up and purchasing the CPU, RAM and storage myself, I could get the rig running. Parvum cut a fitting M1 case for it and that's how it's stayed until now. In the meantime, I managed to get in contact with Bitspower, who loved the idea and offered to provide all the cooling. This was a real game changer, because now things could finally move forward, almost a year after the project was pitched at Parvum HQ. But yet again, life got in the way. My other primary rig unfortunately had the motherboard die, so I was forced to migrate fully onto Argentum's hardware so as to continue running. This presented a new problem, one that halted the project for almost yet another year. In order to build Argentum, I would need to take it apart, and with it would go any ability to fix any errors that may have made their way into machining. So everything would need to fit basically first time with no backups. That level of downtime simply wasn't viable for me, because it would mean no designing other builds or taking on side-income projects. The other issue was simply designing this thing. It was a mammoth project for me, I'd never attempted something like it before, and it would use a lot of experimental techniques I'd not tried before. Of course I also needed it to remain a relevant design. It needed to be something I could be happy with, and we all know how difficult that can be if something doesn't immediately spring to mind. So what's changed? Well, basically everything. Fairly soon I'll be able to take Argentum apart without issues, and of course it now time to machine everything. /End Story Juicy stuff: Old project render (2015/16): So this was the earliest design for Argentum. Quite frankly I think it's rubbish, and it's largely one of the reasons why it took so long to design in the first place. I just couldn't get over how I didn't like parts of this, not to mention I couldn't figure out how it could ever look good with all the cables in. Taking the same approach I did for Loramentum simply wouldn't be viable with this much hardware. Current renders: This is how the project stands now. It's quite interesting (well, to me at least) seeing how far it's come from the first frame concept. Oh and be sure to click for the full size images. They're rendered at 3820x2160 so the detail you get vs 800 wide changes everything. I liked the idea of trying to render the PC sitting in an actual setting this time. After all, it's going to be a functional rig at the end of the day. Current Progress: This was the first part to be machined. It's a test fit block for the PLX chips on the X99E-WS. Before I knew that Bitspower had a monoblock made for the board, the plan was to make our own block for it. Pure hardware pr0n pics tend to be a little dull, so I'll be adding them when relevant work is done. Feels good finally posting this one up, I sure hope it can live up to the 3D work in actuality haha. May the journey commence!