1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Passive Cooling?!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IsaacSibson, 16 Dec 2001.

1. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

Passive cooling kicks ass! :p

Seriously, I'm kinda passively cooling my Ti200, in that I have no fans mounted on the card (just a nice big copper heatsink (Akasa Icicle 311) on the GPU). I do, however, have a blowhole (factory installed Chieftec Dragon). I think that the air being deflected upwards from the fan on the heatsink was fighting with the air coming down from the blowhole, and when I removed the fan off the heatsink the system became slightly more stable...

For those that have blowholes over their graphics cards, I seriously recommend that you try this! Most of the space in an orb is taken up with the fan, so if you loose the fan, you can fit in a much larger surface area heatsink, like the icicle (good because it's copper, low profile, and cheaper than an orb). The Icicle without fan is the same height as the ramsinks that Hercules use on the GF3 Ti200/Ti500 cards, so my card looks very neat too. :)

2. Phrozenpenguin

Phrozenpenguin What's a Dremel?

Wahay for quiet pc's. The noise does my head in:( On the same idea QuietPC have a silent graphics card cooler in the form of a very funky copper heatsink.

Charlie

3. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

hehe my grfx card uses passive cooling - cause thats all it needs - a poor voodoo3 3000 ;)

Tags: