1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Patriot Torqx 128GB SSD Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 3 Jul 2009.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

am i the only one who thinks those reviews get a bit samey...?
    this is so true..

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

You need 8 SSD drives to get 1TB
    That is 2417,20 pounds compared to 85 pounds for one 1TB drive (any brand).

It's not better, it is just faster and for those few seconds it is still not worth it.

4. OWNED66

OWNED66 What's a Dremel?

get 30 gb vertex ssd for os

and get 2 tb for storage

simple

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I admit I was pretty tempted by that 64GB Samsung SSD that Richard pointed out in his blog post about SSDs. They're still rather more pricy than I want... but the little HTPC I'm putting together as a present is gonna be fairly sluggish on a 5400RPM HDD. :( Let's face it, the Atom needs all the help it can get.

But the OCZ drive is still more attractive. Along with that Corsair P256 one.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We're not doing any more Indilinx now, we just had to get through them.

After the Summit, we're going to concentrate on value ones.

I completely disagree, you are looking at it the wrong way. SSDs are not mass storage. It's like accessing the benefit of dual versus single core CPUs - the smoothness and nippiness is far far better for SSD.

7. Htr-Labs

Htr-Labs What's a Dremel?

-

Last edited: 19 Dec 2016
  8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Intrerestingly, here in Slovakia it's other way around (but it's true i compare the retail price of Vertex vs Torqx which i can get for the minimum margin on top of the price from manufacturer). So for me it's 320€ without VAT for Torqx with 3,5" adapter vs 339€ without VAT for OCZ Vertex 120GB (or 296€ for OCZ Agility 120GB).

My primary target was Corsair P256, but they are simply impossible to find on market, 2 shops offer them, neither have them on stock, delivery date of 10 days was pushed away by another 10 days so right now i'm deciding between Agility/Torqx/Vertex...

What's your opinion ? OCZ Support vs Torqx lower price with 3,5" adapter ?

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

If you look at it that way... use a SSD as a a primary OS and others for storage. Why would you compare a 1TB drive to a 128GB SSD then. why not use 80gb drive ?

It does not make any sense at all to compare HD performance to SSD performance anyway nowadays. its like comparing a Floppy drive to a HD.

10. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Wonder when this stuff will become affordable.

I could get 4 terabyte drives for the price of one of these.

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Would it not have been easier to simply put them together into 1 big review?

Personally though for my uses I can't see the point of SSD's at the moment. Yes they are faster at certain things but the price is not justifiable yet.

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I think if they'd tried that they wouldn't have been able to release the article before now. That would've meant no coverage whatever of a whole range of SSDs.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They all arrived at different times and it's not good for Google SEO to lump stuff together ;)

14. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Why didn't you guys recommend the Corsair P256 drive? It seemed to be the speediest one available?

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Samsung is very, very slow for firmware updates and currently it needs one because if it's formatted within the OS - it kills the drive.

16. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

No firmware updates, No TRIM, and if you full format it in Vista, it kills the drives performance dead. If it solved these problems, and fixed the format bug, we'd reccomend it, but as Samsung/Corsair/OCZ havn't, we don't. We're waiting on a firmware update though so there's still hope.

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

??

wtf

edit : sorry I didn't read Baz's post

18. Dave_M

Dave_M What's a Dremel?

I always find that amusing... I'm running my main desktop PC on a lowly 4200RPM 2.5" disk. Oh yes quiet computing is so worth it. Runs windows 7 and some games just fine. I'll hold on a bit longer then get a SSD.

19. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

Ssd respond so far faster then hdds, windows 7 has been optimised very well and can run now avg to older pcs (my laptop is an p4 1.7 756mb ram and it works quite well)

Still why do an full format no one does and its not needed its bad any ssds (or filling the ssd yo the point there is no free space), I had my corsair s128 and it still working fine. 2 months

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

LEARN ENGLISH FFS!

Sorry... no, I'm not!

Tags: Add Tags