1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress PC-Beto ( 23-12-2011 - MOTY nomination!! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by p0Pe, 24 Nov 2009.

1. Toxvaerd

Toxvaerd What's a Dremel?

The lighting is so amazing. Saw it in red in a nother forum, and im surpriced how well it looks dispite the plexi is in fact green.

And grats on the nomination homie. I have to see it irl sometime when its done :)

2. Vaptor-x

Vaptor-x What's a Dremel?

This looks great Pope :thumb:

3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

yeah, but i fell in love with this mobo:D IMO the blue doesnt look that off when put in the case:D

thanks man! used the liquids for this color comparison
    http://www.itrends.dk/12210

thanks man!

yeah, the RGB leds is so amazing:D youll see it at crew lan, when the others get something organized:D

thanks man!

small update:
    the case is packed down in a box, and soon on its way to madrid. i hope it will survive the trip without any damage. im heading off to get the motherboard tray fixed today, so i can mount the GD85 on it, along with some other hardware so i can show the other guys who is going to madrid how to play battlefield:lol:

and since updates without images is sooo booring, here is a test bench i made for a danish overclocker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and one of his runs

[​IMG]

http://www.octeamdenmark.com/forums/overclockning/5012-påske-oc-og-ny-test-bænk.html

next update with some mobo and hardware:D

Edit:
    on another note, pc-beto just got picked up! and i am worried shitless that my little baby will have a rough trip:( please get downthere in one peice:D

4. oliverw92

oliverw92 What's a Dremel?

Nice techbench!

Have you got any tips for applying vinyl to acrylic? I'm having a hard time getting something i cut out on a vinyl cutter to stick onto some acrylic without getting loads of bubbles.

I'm sure Beto will get there fine :)

5. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thanks man!

start from a corner and work your way out, while holding the vinyl up, and slowly aply little at a time with something flat:p its VERY hard.

6. silverzombie342

silverzombie342 I know the Dremel. I wish I had it.

Up teh Irons!:rock:

PC-Beto is looking awesome, can't wait how it'll look when it's ready:D

7. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thanks man!

a little something that i thought you all should see, since the first one was part of the inspiration for this mod:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Jg-i00t5Q

8. aka_gk

aka_gk What's a Dremel?

wow, really nice trailer, must be awesome in imax 3d, I'm gonna watch this movie :thumb:

and I'm looking forward to your new updates ;)

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

A very awesome testbench pOPe, I have always wanted to make one myself but never got around to it.

10. Azayles

Azayles Minimodder

Fantastic mod, fantastic test bench, fantastic trailer and fantastic movie :D
    This thread is just full of all manner of win :clap:

11. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thanks dudes:D tonight i will put up some pics of the motherboard standoffs:) they should be dry by now, but i have to drive roughly 200 km to get home -.-

12. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

you guys have NO idea of how long time i just spend installing an os on this machine! OOH THE PAIN!

first, the trouble of getting a temporary gfx card
    then, when installing win7 on one of my spare disks, it wouldnt format and create a new partition, hours, drives and cursewords later, it works
    then, after installing win7, it goes to black screen whenever i want to finish the installation (the part where you put username, date and clock etc) i reboot a couple of times in normal mode, and then in safemode. aparently you cant finish this part of the installation in safe mode -.- so i try my way trough it with "n" for next, and enter. last being able to boot into windows in safe mode, with the usename "n" and the password "nnn" but not being able to boot normally.

starts over, same thing happens. swaps out the dvi cable with a vga and BOOM! running like a baby... all in all, 6 hours -.- pics will be up after i play with it a little

13. StEm

StEm What's a Dremel?

first of all congrats on the nomination, and second.. this is a beautiful piece of modding, i love the outer shell design and the way you have routed your cableing!! keep it up man..

14. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thanks man!

for all of you that arent going to campus party, here is a little update for you:D

this is the hardware that i will bring. the case was send days ago, and it should all be paired in madrid:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    mobo standoffs! made theese yesterday. a tad to tall, but that will be corrected

[​IMG]

and the back:)

have fun all!

15. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

I feel a bit sad for staring at those standoffs for as long as I did! ah well they are all smooth and pwetty :) when can we look forward to seeing a full shot pope?

16. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thanks man:D they took a few hours to make too:p
    well i will "partially" asemble it to campus party tommorow, so you might get a shot there:p but the finished product is still months away:)

17. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

I had to pop in here just to say Beto looks amazing when you see it live. The modular cable conducts in the motherboard plate are brilliant!

18. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thanks man:D i better post a picture of it soon, so it can be seen inhere too:p will do that first thing tommorow. all the pizza and eals really made me tired:hehe:

EEEEEEEAAALS!!!!!

19. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Eels be ruining my hovercraft again?!

20. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...