1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals PC froze - required restart - now wont boot - black screen

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Janek566, 23 Oct 2012.

1. Janek566

Janek566 New Member

Hi

Basically the title: I was playing League of Legends when it suddenly froze. I had to manually restart the machine. After it started up again, all the fans and lights were working but no image on the monitor. It is a weird problem since I've built this pc over a year ago and haven't changed too many things. Latest change was an oc to 4GHz but i monitor the hw everyday few times a day and during load cpu doesnt go over 50C and GPU doesn't go over 65C. It's been stable for about a month and now a sudden stop. What steps can I take to resolve this?

HW:

- Intel Core i5 2500K
    - 1GB MSI GTX 560Ti OC Twin Frozr II
    - MSI P67A-GD53 (B3)
    - Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz HyperX XMP Memory Kit CL9 1.65V
    - Corsair TX 650W V2 PSU

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

You can try the pull out the power cord leave for 15mins then reconnect and restart trick.

If that fails try resetting the bios on your MB.

Q. When the fans start are they on full & can you hear your hdd's spinning up and then loading windows?

Sent on my CM10 JB powered i9100 by TapaTalk 2

3. Yorkie

Yorkie Active Member

I have just had a similar occurrence with a 3 year old OCZ PSU where the Power Supply would turn the system on but not post and it was the PG time on the PSU which was causing the issues.

4. Janek566

Janek566 New Member

that was really weird. I've set the jbat1 jumper to clear 2x but that didnt work. I had to remove battery, wait ~10 minutes and the pc came back to life. Thanks.