1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PC Gaming Alliance formed at GDC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 20 Feb 2008.

1. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

U make some good points, but Pc gaming is not going away, never will as lons as there are PC's

2. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Well where the console market differs greatly from the PC market is in hardware sales. PC games fuel hardware purchases, whereas consoles fuel game purchases. Both markets are as strong as each other I imagine if you looked at combined sales. A decrease in quality PC sales would probably see a sharp decrease in topend hardware sales, so it's in the interests of all parties to keep the PC game market bouyant.....I hope.:worried:

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Blizzard is owned by Activision. They are involved.

5. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

I am dissappointed valve are not there, that are one of the bright lights in Pc gaming, and have done more then most for it. They are also outspoken on supporting Pc gaming. I like the idea, dissappointed more devs, companies are not trying to do more.

6. thetitletrack

thetitletrack What's a Dremel?

I'm glad EA are not directly involved - it seems to me that nearly every game EA are involved in gets rushed out too quickly. I always have this impression of EA's money men standing over the game developers shoulders asking "Are you finished, yet?", and in my opinion this is part of the problem.

3 years ago... BF2 - rushed out too quickly, patched a bunch of times and it's still buggy as hell.
    3 months ago... Crysis - rushed out too quickly, on release there was hardly any hardware to support it and the drivers were shocking.

It hasn't changed.

If Game Developers got the time to finish thier games properly and generate bigger sales through positive reviews as well as delivering higher quality products (less we forget they are selling a product after all), maybe the console fanboys would have less to shout about and we wouldn't need a PC Gaming Alliance to remind everyone that the platform still exists.

7. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Yeah! Like DukeNukem foreverwhenever

:D

8. Hydra

Hydra Dude.

It's good to know there's still life (and lots of it) in the PC. PC is like my one and only gaming platform. Playing an FPS on the 360 is just embarrassing for me, haha. The other night we were all sitting around playing Gears, and I was sucking hard. Of course, all I could do was say "Yea, well, if I was on PC!" Of course, nobody believed me :(

But, an effort really needs to be made to somehow fight piracy.

And Valve needs to join in too!

9. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Valve and steam need to be brought aboard, they reach ALOT of gamers............and dar i say it....the devil its self 'EA' might be a good idea, as despite ruinign many great games they pack alot of weight.

Tags: Add Tags