1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards PC gone bonkers!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by PCBuilderSven, 3 Oct 2010.

1. PCBuilderSven

PCBuilderSven New Member

Hi, last time I used my gaming pc it freaked up. It had been on for around 10 minutes on NFS Shift, when it randomly started going into standby. But before it finished the screen went black, and the speakers emitted random noises like vrrrrrrrvrrrrvrrrr a bit like revving a car. Although I wasn't revving my car on shift.

Afterwards I opened it up and couldn't see anything obviously wrong. When I booted it again I checked the cpu temp in the bios and it was my usual 30C. Although the bios didn't beep on bootup and my USB ports didn't work. It seemed to sound different to usual although I couldn't be sure.

I have a MSI 770 C-45 with an Athlon II x2 245. I have a ATI Radeon HD 4670. I have 2 80GB Seagate HDD's with a Samsung optical drive. Aswell as this I have 2GB Kingston Value RAM. Finally I also have a WiFi card (Belkin). I have a old set of 2.0 labtec speakers connected with line in. I am running Win XP Home SP3. I haven't installed any new Hardware/Software recently.

I use sound integrated to the motherboards south bridge. My gpu is touching my motherboards south bridge, therefore I thought it might be the south bridge causing the problem. How can I be sure what is the problem, and what can/should I do to fix it :wallbash: ? Please help

2. Chicken76

Chicken76 Active Member

What PSU do you have? Is it running hot?

3. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

try and reset the cmos.. see if the usb ports come back

the gpu touching the southbridge cooler might be a issue.. could cause the card to unseat

board doesn't sound like it was designed proper