1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL PC vs. Mac (PIC)

Discussion in 'General' started by computerman5, 13 Nov 2008.

1. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Both,

Desktop PC, Macbook for my on-the-go needs.

2. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Mac for work. OS X is miles ahead of Windows in terms of usability.

PC for gaming.

3. Valo

Valo Minimodder

ps3 for gaming, mac for everything else, pc for torrents ;)

4. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I couldn't have said it better. OS X is so stable, I've never had even a hiccup in the last year I've owned one. I thought I had a battery problem but it ended up being a CMOS battery. I like playing games and music on my PC but for general browsing and simple organizing you can't beat a mac.

5. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Linux :D (or am I not allowed to say that here? :hehe: )
    Nah, it's windows for my main rig, ubuntu for my notebook.
    Mac is interesting, running it on my Atom machine, but it only feels like... I dunno, a novelty OS :worried: For me, it just falls into the same category of Solaris, BSD, etc. - a nice OS, but I have no need for it in particular...
    Maybe I'd even consider OSX as a primary OS if they didn't charge you an arm and a leg for an Apple machine here in croatia (1,150 pounds for a base new macbook is just insane)

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I honestly don't get on with Macs mostly because Office 2008 and Entourage sucks so damned hard compared to Office/Outlook 2007 on Windows and considering Exchange work is my job.. yeah you get where this is going.

At the end of the day its down to what you want to do and what works best for you.
    I find PC's do what I need in the way I want best :)

7. joytime360

joytime360 What's a Dremel?

PC, I can afford it and it is easy for upgrade in the future.

8. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I like PCs because you can mod them and Macs because they don't need modding... so obviously I prefer my PCs.

9. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Honestly, Apple's form over function mentality (and their idiotic advertisements) have pissed me off quite a bit.

But as to the actual product itself :p. I used to have to use mac's at school (read as forced to use...) and I had nothing but problems with them. Since using Vista (just stating due to Apple's attack ads) I have had no problems whatsoever.... so I wonder what I like better.... hum

10. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I own both. Saying that:

[​IMG]

Although TBH it's a personal choice :yawn:

11. format

format What's a Dremel?

You can buy a decent enough PC for ~£200 these days.
    Nuff said IMO.

12. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

thats just wrong..
    you can so get bluetooth keyboard and mouse for that mac.

13. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

umm ah u ah linux, *ducks for cover

14. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

But if the web camera breaks on either computer, how hard is it to repair/replace?
    PC wins in that aspect.
    Who wants a mostly stable operating system due to only one type of hardware allowed?(OEM)
    Mac wins that way.

15. Grinch123456

Grinch123456 What's a Dremel?

After using a mac in junior and senior year of high school, I can honestly say that it was the most irritating thing I've ever had to do. Between a mac and being waterboarded, I'd have a tough time deciding. Windows and Linux for me, thank you very much.

16. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Woa, woa, slow down. Let's not say things we can't take back :p

17. Measter

Measter What's a Dremel?

I saw another image with the same sort of theme. Mac was a kids tricycle, Windows was a sports motorycle, and linux was motorcycle parts.:D

*edit* Oh, and I use only windows. I've dabbled in linux, but it does nothing for me that I can't do in Windows, and I've no interest in getting a Mac, for pretty much the same reason.

18. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I'm a PC.

It has been a long time since I've used a Mac, so it's hard to comment. But I dislike their aim for style and panache, rather than flexibility and functionaility. Slightly OT: I have an iPod, but they are all style and no substance. Thank god for Rockbox and other fixes.

I do dabble in linux, but only a little and only so I can be ready once it matures into being a credible alternative.

19. -=ice=-

-=ice=- What's a Dremel?

Been a Mac user since the early 90s, got into PC gaming with my own fast PC in 98 or so, but the PCs were only really used for gaming, always Macs for everything else.

Up until earlier this year when I got a Mac Pro with an 8800 in, now the only PC that gets regular use by me is my Acer Aspire One running Ubuntu, woo

I do of course still tinker with PCs, mainly linux as I find the Windows UI to be backwards, and generally wrong :hehe: Although, Windows 7 doesn't look to bad, shame none of my applications will work on it though :)

20. nitrous9200

nitrous9200 What's a Dremel?

I prefer Windows, even though it can get FUBAR (or close) so easily, it's so versatile and really not that hard to do every day tasks. I like how sleek OS X is, but I feel so disconnected using it. It doesn't tell me anything that goes on, in contrast to Windows which bombards the user with notifications.
    Case in point: I was setting up an HP wireless printer for use with two iMacs. I struggled with all of the different printer apps for a few minutes before finally getting the printer uninstalled and reinstalled at its new IP. Finally I get both printing, and then as a last touch up, I update the router's firmware. Of course, the router has to reboot itself when doing so, and during that process, both computers decided to switch to a neighbor's wireless network, rendering the printing non-functional. Of course, I had no idea until I showed the client what I had done, and saw the tiny signal strength indicator at 1 bar...ugh.
    Another time I had done a fresh install of Tiger on an iMac G4 for a client, and updated everything including iTunes. For some reason, the home folder had changed the permissions and nothing was writable, so iTunes gave me an error message which I'd never seen before. Didn't help me at all, but I was finally able to get it going again.
    And another thing: PC stands for personal computer; if I'm not mistaken, "Macs" or Apples as I call them, are PC's as well. I know Apple has achieved their goal of separating their own brand from the rest of the market when everybody tells me about how much they hate "PC's"...and then I tell them we should go back to the vacuum tube computers of the 50's since those aren't personal computers. In any case, Windows all the way for me unless Microsoft does something ridiculously stupid (and no, I haven't upgraded to Vista yet).

Tags: