1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other PC won't wake up properly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by suragh, 20 Dec 2012.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

Hey guys,

I am having a little issue with my computer lately and I have noticed that everytime I set my PC to sleep mode, when I return to wake it up (with keyboard or moving the mouse) everything but my monitors wake up (I can clearly see that the PC is powering up again, fans are spinning and leds are turned on). I have to turn off the pc (then on again) via the power button in order for it to function properly again.

Any suggestions?

(I have updated my motherboards BIOS, upgraded my graphics card, resocketed my cpu and reseated my ram all before this started to happen)

I haven't done anything yet as I wanted to come to you guys first. :D

Thanks

Last edited: 20 Dec 2012
  2. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

What monitor do you have?

I've heard people have had similar issues when connecting their monitor with DisplayPort, so try with another type of connector.

3. suragh

suragh Derp

I have 2 monitors and 1 tv connected to my graphics card.

1st monitor is connected via DVI (Its a HP2310i)
    2nd monitor is connected via VGA to a DVI adapter (Its a Q2159)
    The TV is connected via HDMI to a display port adapter (This was installed yesterday and the problem I am having has been going on way before)

Cheers,

4. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

What happens if after waking up the PC, you turn the monitors on and off? or reconnect the monitor cables?

5. suragh

suragh Derp

I'm not sure what you mean but if It was to work, I would come back to the same stuff that was there before I put it to sleep.

The thing is though, when it fails to wake up. I have to turn the PC off and on again then everything works just fine.

I have never had to unplug or switch off my monitors.

6. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

I am just curios: if you were to put PC to sleep, wake it up, monitors do not come on by themselves. Then, without restarting PC, try turning monitors on/off, does the screen then activate and display without need to restart PC. Dont know if you have tried this with no luck already.

7. suragh

suragh Derp

I see what you mean, when I set the PC to sleep; the monitors put themselves in standby (with an indication from the led power button) . However, when I go to wake the PC up, the monitors do not do anything. I have tried the suggestion you have said and I still get the same outcome, They do not activate and show my desktop; instead I get a "no signal" after I switch on the monitors repeatedely.

8. Strudul

Strudul ~

I have the same problem.

My solutions are:

When putting the computer to sleep, do it in this order:
    -Press sleep
    -Wait for PC to go into sleep
    -Then turn TV off / change source or channel etc.

When waking up the computer, do it in this order:
    -Turn TV on
    -Then wake PC

If you still have the same issue, turn on one of your other monitors, go to the screen / resolution settings stuff and click "Identify" and it will find your TV again.