1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V PCIE Power Filter Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Behemoth, 16 Jun 2017.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

That's not what i said... I said audiophiles are gullible numpties who will buy any old ****...

any audience dumb enough to think a ****ing sticker... a sticker has any affect on audio quality is more than dumb enough to think a PCB with some random crap soldered to it is some magic audio enhancement device...

A fool and his money are easily parted, and audiofools are very easy to part with their money...

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Its almost like saying use them in SLI :clap:

If your silly enough to buy one then you might be convinced to buy another.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Don't invoke the wrath of the audiophiles, they're a special sort of crazy. :D ;)
    Yea but i just didn't want to invoke their wrath by insulting them, I've seen how the £500 audiophile cable arguments play out and it ain't pretty.

EDIT: In other words i was trying to be diplomatic by saying even though i don't notice a difference if someone else does then who am i to argue about what they spend their money on.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2017
  4. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I guess I am a bit of an Audiophile *looks over at Marantz AV Amp* but I've never spent more than a few quid on cables, at the most £3.00.

Cable is cable at the end of the day. If it gets sound from my amp to my speakers and they sound good thats all I care about. Why anyone would be compelled to spend a couple of hundred quid on some kind of silver plated non oxygenated cable is beyond me.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Bring it on, I say.

HEY, AUDIOPHILES: IF YOU'VE EVER BOUGHT A STICKER, CABLE PYLONS, DIRECTIONAL COPPER WIRE, SPECIAL SATA CABLES, PCI EXPRESS POWER FILTERS, OR A TICE AUDIO CLOCK WITH THE BELIEF IT WOULD IMPROVE AUDIO QUALITY, YOU OFFICIALLY WASTED YOUR MONEY AND, FURTHERMORE, HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO GRASP OF BASIC PHYSICS.

Come at me, audiophile bros!

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Argue with them? Nah, sell them a jar of special air that lowers wind resistance for sound waves, only £7839.49 (plus shipping of course as it needs special packaging to stop the atoms from being shaken).

7. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I have had tons of cards with coil whine and because I use headphones I cannnot say I have ever noticed it causing any interference with the audio and I usually have quite a keen ear on such things.