1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Peltier/thermocouple Circuit?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Hazer, 5 Jan 2004.

1. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

Hey guys. Ive tried lending some brainpower, now its time for me to ask a question. Have any of you seen a guide or circuit schematics for DIY Pletier controllers? Im looking at a building something with a couple of op-amps and thermistor reference.

I got a $5 peltier off Ebay thats rated for 8Amps/15Volts. I could just start wiring things up with op-amps and trial/error my way through, but some reference would be nice. The most I found so far is on-off controllers, and I would much preffer feedback through temperature refference.

Im mostly looking for links that anyone has come across, so I can do my own homework. Thanks.

2. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

3. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

A PWM controller (like this one) should work. For the lower temperatures you'll need to change the PD resistor R6 (or use the adjustable version lower down). The PNP darlingtons will handle several amps, or you could swap the comparator inputs over and use an N-mosfet with a pull-up resistor to turn it on, comparator low turning it off. I think I'd also increase reservoir C3 as the Peltier draws a few amps and use a higher frequency (lower C1). [​IMG]