1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pen drive probs :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tipsterb, 27 Mar 2004.

1. tipsterb

tipsterb What's a Dremel?

hi, i bought my dad a 128 mb pendrive, and for somereason 2day, it stoppped working, on both his and my comps,

when i connect it, the computer reconises its there, and i get pop ups tellin me its installed,

tho when i go 2 my computer, click on removeable drive h, and it pops up saying, please insert disk :grr: :(,

anyone got any ideas y, i checked the lock, tryed with it on, with it off, and no different, its exactly the same on my dads machine,

is it the case ive got a new paperweight??

thanks for reading, cya

2. ajack

ajack rox

All usb drivers up to date? If so, can you get hold of any drivers specific to the drive (not the generic windows ones)

3. tipsterb

tipsterb What's a Dremel?

erm, no i think were usin the windows ones, tho i will try the specific drivers, its a pqi stick,

thing is tho, its been workin fine for the last age basicly, and no probs b4 this at all :(, ill edit this when i try the drivers, thanks

edit - right i dont need a driver cause im runnin xp, but i tryed this other program i got my hands on from the pqi site, and its givin me the option to format it, so i think ill do that, thanks for the help, ill tell yall how it goes in the mornin

edit 2 - i had ago formattin in windows, but it wouldnt work, but ive formatted it in this other program i got from the pqi site, and its workin now, musta been sum corrupt data

thanks jack for the help :)

Last edited: 28 Mar 2004