1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who use E-Bay.

Discussion in 'General' started by Satyric_saint, 1 Dec 2004.

?

What Do you think about people on E-bay?

1. Never had a problem with them.

51 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. Don't really know.

11 vote(s)
    9.0%
  3. Is this poll really necessary, They shop on eBay, DUH!

15 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. REDRUM! REDRUM!

15 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. I don't care just as long as they buy my stuff.

30 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. Satyric_saint

Satyric_saint What's a Dremel?

Ok I’ve been watching the Nintendo DS on E-Bay just out of sheer morbid curiosity and I’ve come to the realization that most people that shop on E-bay are incredibly stupid. :eeek:

I can get the DS with metroid for $149.00 at the store and I’m guaranteed a new legal product and then I can get an extra game for $29.99. now that adds up to $179.98+tax roughly $192.58. Now the people on E-bay are paying between $210.00 and $270.00 (shipping included) for just the DS either by itself or with metroid. :eyebrow: :duh:

I can understand wanting something but not wanting it that much. :rolleyes:

Ok so I'm going to go for my first poll thread here what do you think of most of the people that shop on E-bay?

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Cant really vote, i use ebay, but im not a sucker for all these new releases as many of them tend to be pre-orders anywho...
    But you are right in your assumption that many ebay users dont have a clue, afterall there are alot of average home users using the site, with the technological wisdom of my 10 year old sister. Not knowing that you can buy stuff off ebay for cheaper than ebay. Just because the items on ebay, doesnt make it any cheaper.

[edit] can i also add, looking at ebay in uk, i can grab an imported one for around £155. Thats around $300. Someone in america is making a killing, yet over here its probably accounted for as being cheap. i love this country and our prices.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2004
  3. Satyric_saint

Sounds like you either want the 3rd option or the last option :D

4. Stickeh

[edited - scrap that]
    What i do need, is for someone in america to buy it for me then ship it to me..
    I did that with my ipad too a year ago, thank god i have relatives in america!
    Wheres the best place to buy these things then pal?

5. Satyric_saint

I was joking telling you that you should either pick
    "Is this poll really necessary, They shop on eBay, DUH!"
    or
    " I don't care just as long as they buy my stuff."
    :eyebrow:

[edit]umm ok ... I guess you got what I said before I posted a reply.[/edit]

6. Stickeh

i know i got it later on -edited post :(
    i really am not with it today..
    so the best place to buy nintendo DS's in america goes to....

7. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

How about an option for: got taken once, have no desire to go back?

:wallbash:

8. Satyric_saint

I think that falls under "REDRUM! REDRUM!" :hehe: :hehe: :lol: ;)

9. Satyric_saint

Any store you can make it into that has one
    The best selection of bundle packs seems to be gamestop
    and then there are these others.
    EB
    best buy
    circuit city
    Target
    Wal-mart

I understand that some of them are sold out but people should really developed some patience. :rolleyes:

10. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. REDRUM for sure!

11. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

A lot of the stuff goes for more than it's worth especially considering the added risk or buying from ebay. If you keep watch for a good price and are patient enough you can get things for a decent price though.

12. Grump

Grump The Mad Modder

No, it's assinine to make assumptions like that about the millions of people who shop on ebay. You have some experience with more than half of them, or do you just concentrate on the small sample of people you see bidding on a very small selection of items?

I have shopped ebay for years and DON'T consider myself or any of the people who have bid against me as stupid. 'Course, I know NOTHING about Nintendo or other game stuff.

13. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Never had problems with it but I'm not into the 'buy the latest product for huge sums of money' craze.

I use it every now and then to fill in the gaps of my various collections ranging from Star Wars Lego to Coca-Cola items, comics, etc.

14. penski

penski BodMod

My dad just got a couple of grands worth of works kit for his rally car for about £150....

eBay is good...if you know how to use it...

*n

15. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Yup. Ive got some excellent stuff for my house off of there.

If its too good to be true, it is. Walkaway.

16. maxxbasher

maxxbasher What's a Dremel?

I think ebay is pretty good, I will use xbox games as an example, most xbox games sell for no more than £10, Now, considering most brand new xbox games cost around £40 i think a mere £10 is a damn good deal. If you are carefull you shoudn't get burnt, as you all know ebay has user ratings and you will be suprised how many people are proud of their rating,plus you have access to their address. Having said that i wouldn't buy anything of ebay that was big cash e.g £6000 cars/motorcycles etc.

17. Satyric_saint

I've been on e-bay since jan 2000 and I've seem allot of people buy thing they could go down to wal-mat to buy but they get it off of e-bay for near $100 more. :eyebrow: I just saw a limited edition gameboy that hasn't been released yet and retails for $99 go for $250 now that person just paid $150 extra so they could go naa naa naa I got this before you did, if I was his friend I would just laugh at him, it amazes me how much everyone thinks they need to stay ahead of the joneses. :rolleyes:

18. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

i buy off ebay once every couple of months. I find the book selection on there very good, and managed to get myself the majority of the J.R.R Tolkien collection for practacly quarter of the price i'd pay proper retail.

Only problem i've had is a few sellers were pretty slow to post these items, and moany postman chapping the door at half 7 in the morning needing a parcel signed for. Dunno how many postman have seen me in my underwear this year :blush:

19. maxxbasher

maxxbasher What's a Dremel?

If you are a woman i will move to scotland, and become a postman, and you can order as much as you like. :D

20. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

Nothing to do with Supply and Demand? I've heard that Nintendo have sold 90% of their initial shipment so I fiigure that some people are so desperate to buy one (kids' christmas present) they're prepared to pay more.