1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals People with Logitech G15 that play WoW

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hoffs, 17 Jun 2009.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

My Logitech G15 just arrived (Ordered it on ebuyer monday, free delivery and came today :D )

Anyway, I load up the software and that's all installed

But I was under the impression that when you play World of Warcraft, on the little screen it displays information unique to that game

But when I load up WoW, all that displays is the default clock and other default logitech things

Is there anything I need to install or do to make the screen display World of warcraft data?

Hope you can help

Edit: I think it's because I haven't downloaded the latest software from logitech. I tried this but because I'm using Windows 7 RC, it says my operating system isn't supported.. Looks like I'm back to square one.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2009
  2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

There's a list of supported games/programs in Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_G15

As it appears for what ever reason WoW isn't on the list, you must try to find a plugin from somewhere else. There are different forums and places to look for, but Google is your best bet. The plugins are actually called applets, which should help a bit in searching. Good luck! I lost hope of any real use for the screen already ages ago and now just use the screen for Foobar...

3. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Just download the latest vista drivers, as effectively 7 = Vista, just a 0.1 bump in NET numbers (Vista is 6.0, and 7 is 6.1)

4. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Wow works fine with a G15. You need to rescan for games, then select the game in the settings and have it force itself to the front. It works absolutely fine.

5. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

What do you mean force it to the front?

And when I download the drivers, i download it fine, but when I go to install the vista ones, it says it doesn't support my operating system

And what's foobar?

6. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Foobar is a media player that some people like. I still prefer WMP12, since it's not like the most desktops have so little RAM that they require Foobar, and most plug ins I use exist only for WMP.

7. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

You need to make sure that you are using the correct drivers for the keyboard.
    Best way is to download the latest ones anyway.

Follow this link.

Select Vista as the operating system. If you are running Windows 7 64bit then in the 'select file' option select Multilingual 64-bit drivers. If you are using Windows 7 32bit then select Multilingual-32bit.
    Just click download (bottom of screen) and away you go. Once downloaded just install the driver. Works perfectly, I did this exact same thing last night.
    Once the driver installs, it will actually offer you the option to scan for installed games. Once it finds them it will set up profiles for those games (should they exist).

8. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

I tried that but just did it differently now

Downloaded the drivers, opened the file in troobleshoot mode or compatiability mode or w/e it's called

and it downloaded

Now i have all my warcraft stats on my screen and i'm happy... Time to enjoy this keyboard a bit more :D