Perfection from SCAN, disappointment from EK.

Discussion in 'SCAN Computers - Pre Sales Support' started by TheMadDutchDude, 25 Jul 2016.

1. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude Flying Dutchman

Hey guys,

I'd like to begin with stating that I am glad I decided to order with SCAN again. I was going to go with OCUK, but I decided to get my items from SCAN as you guys accepted Bitcoin as payment, and I had >1 BTC that I figured I may as well use instead of draining my bank.

Anyway, for what it is worth, the order went great from SCAN's standpoint. Everything was delivered as promised and it wasn't late. I was a little worried that they'd miss the Monday delivery as nothing got picked on Friday. It was picked and packed on Saturday, and with me today. Can't complain at all!

The issue I have is with EK. I bought a brand new rad (I hope it is brand new), and although it was sealed with their sticker, it is showing some signs of usage/mishandling during the production and/or packaging of the product. It's odd, because the box is in immaculate condition.

I will upload images a little later on. I just wanted to get this posted before the timer logs me out.

Pics coming shortly.

2. TheMadDutchDude

3. mark@scan

mark@scan Technical / Returns Manager

Thanks for sharing your order experience. Have you already been in contact regarding the radiator or is this something I can help you with further?

Regards

4. TheMadDutchDude

I have been in contact, and Jonny told me that this is normal. I'm as surprised as you are! I sincerely hope it isn't normal to receive radiators with bent fins from the factory.

It's already added into my loop. I couldn't be bothered to mess around with it for the sake of a few bent fins and scuffs. I will next time, though.