1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perforated, Maximum PC Rig of the Month! Aug 2005

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bootupbuddha, 2 Sep 2004.

1. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

Congrats bro! Excellent accomplishment!
    :rock: :rock: :rock:

I look forward to the writeup!

2. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

It would not be hard to mod a helmet to match the case. But I'll stick to a headset for sound. I have been to busy with paying jobs to even think about creating anything. :sigh:

3. Sheyr

Sheyr What's a Dremel?

Well, I like your mod! It has a very industrial look ... if you know what I mean.

4. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

wiring digram for the power breakout box? or just a short explination?... please?

5. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

THis deserves a bump... I just picked up the MaxPC mag at work, and saw this PC in the back, fro the rest of the day I have been telling people yeah I saw the project log of the guy who did this PC... Man I'm thinkin this is a sign that i need to get off my butt and actually start My Case mod and what not. COngrats on Rig of the month it looks awesome!!

6. bootupbuddha

thanks - its posts like that make it worthwhile.

:duh: they printed my name, looks like my cover is broken...

thanks agian, -ric smith

7. Urshag

Urshag What's a Dremel?

WOW

This mod is amazing! I make props for local filmakers and I have never seen weathering or aging like this!!

PLEASE tell us how you did the aging and weathering!

8. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

:read:
    That's all.

(just saw the magazine - great job and congrats. This has been one of my favorite projects since you started it.)

9. Urshag

Urshag What's a Dremel?

Umm I have read the thread, the following are quotes from previous posts:

Out of my need I came up with my own aging technique. I am going to have to keep it quite for a little while since I have a paying customer that wants five matching cases….

I have not detailed the weathering – I am keeping that under wraps for just a little longer. Starbuck: mums the word!

Actually I have to make 5 cases in the same basic theme. Paint, windows and lights only - its a paying job. I plan on posting a log for the builds and I also plan to go into a lot of detail on how I painted the case.

Thats why I am BEGGING to have the aging and weathering process shown!!

10. bootupbuddha

Things change as time goes on and the technique is no longer under wraps but it would be a lengthy post to explain. The 5 case deal did not happen though I may do it anyway and then just sell the cases - but I don’t have any idea as to when. My current project is going to have a different type of paint job so that wont really help either.

BUT I am in negotiation on another project that will be very close in appearance to Perforated, (Perforated II?). So I may have a new project log in a few weeks, Mid August if it happens. I promise I will detail the process in my next job log.

edit: well it did not happen - but I have decided to paint my current project useing the same methods so look for a how to soon.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2005
  11. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

hey, i read your case writeup in maximumpc, great job! im still amazed at the amount of realism that is in the dirt and grit on the case, its uncanny. keep it up!

12. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Found some trivia on IMDB and thought of you. It's listed in the trivia section of Aliens.

The name for the company, "Weyland Yutani", was taken from the names of Ridley Scott's former neighbors. He hated them, so he decided to "dedicate" the name of the "evil company" to them.

13. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

make sure you get a good picture for the magazine lol

14. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

loooks pretty cool.. how did u get the actual effect of the paint being faded?

FunkyMUnky

15. bootupbuddha

yup - its one of my talking points whenever someone is interested in my pc.

actually I took the pictures: heres a link to the high res gallery. http://www.bootupbuddha.com/maxpc/index.htm

The how to will be in the job log that I am currently working on. I should be painting it in a few weeks and the instructions at about the same time.

16. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

You don't have Index in your web? Strange :D