1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Pet Peeve of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by BentAnat, 4 Feb 2010.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

This is easy enough.
    post your hate/peeve of the day...try to make it amusing
    I'll start:

Perambulatus Cacaphonis

The condition whereby mainly the females of certain sectors of society are capable of perfectly normal walking, running, jumping or climbing; however when descending a staircase sound like a frenzied, iron-shod warhorse galloping over brass pots.
    In a thunderstorm.

Score by Richard Wagner.

Cheapskate likes this.
  2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Carpet Stores, how many ****ing sales do you need for carpet?!

3. Twellmann

Twellmann Carnivorous Homunculus

my PPOTD:

Wanting to go to the mall with a giftcard, which is good for the whole mall. Only to find out that the only shop it's not valid in, is the one were you saw that microwave on sale...damn

4. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I saw the title and thought it said "Pet Perve of the Day". How disappointed I was :sigh: :lol:

Today's pet peeve: the "Estuary Accent". Guaranteed to grate wherever it's heard :grr:

5. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Pet peeve? I'm not sure what your talking about.

:D

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

The girl beside me in clanky high heels who refuses to sit down and pace back and forth. After 45 minutes of hearing those thinks clunking you just want to quote the bus driver from South Park "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!!"

7. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

Litter bugs. How g-ddamn hard is it to walk over to a trashcan to throw your garbage away?!?!?!

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

People who use a microwave and leave 1 second left on the timer, 4 real, I just want to see what time it is, not 00:01

9. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

.yrtemmysA Asymmetry.

:worried: .yzarc m'I ,haeY Yeah, I'm crazy. :worried:

10. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Noisy technology evangelists.

@ the aforementioned evangelist: I've seen your cute little digital microphones before. You don't need to sound like a salesman. Also, don't even try to tell me they "sound better" than my conventional (big, but still digital) mics. I have ears. Yours sound like crap, mine actually sounds good. Seriously, when your products are unquestionably inferior, shut up. Kthxbai.

11. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

people who spend 15 minutes in the supermarket queue and when they finally get to their turn spend the next 10 minutes counting the change out of their wallet or hunting for their fricken debit/points card.

For christ sake people, you know what you bought, you know how you intend to pay.... some people have better things to do than stand behind you in sainsburys all day....

12. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

The amount of "friends" one can suddenly get when there are big nature/science oriented papers due tomorrow. I help my friends, sure. But F-OFF you stupid bitch I never talk to.

13. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Old people who drive along a 50MPH road at 30.... and then STAY at 30 through a 20mph school zone! They're too scared to actually multitask and look at road signs... so they just look ahead, and make sure they're doing 30.. therefore they're good drivers because they've been driving for 50 years yadda yadda.... I hope they crash.. into something inanimate and non valuable.. no reason for anyone else to suffer... but I hope they crash soon... and hard. Serves them right.

Jamie likes this.
  14. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Room mates not washing their damn dishes. We have a sink full of them now (and all of them are the dishes i brought) so no more dishes for them.

15. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

People not indicating when turning... or better yet overtaking, then turning left in front of the thing they just overtook (usually me)

16. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Another microwave one:

I hate my Kenwood microwave it beeps 5 long beeps when the timer has counted. One beep would be perfectly fine, and to make matters worse you can't cancel the beeping, so you have to listen to a good 8seconds of stupid beeping.

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

******* Amazon, after letting me think they had the part I wanted, letting me order it and get all excited, only to email me this afternoon to tell me they didn't have stock after all :nono: a pox on them. :wallbash:

18. pennyman86

pennyman86 What's a Dremel?

People going slow in the fast lane of the highway if you want to go slow keep to the right.

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

same here, or people going 80 in a 65 and tailgating you

20. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

I hate when the curtains suddenly catch fire and I hear laughing. That damn Grace Poole...