1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Pet Peeve of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by BentAnat, 4 Feb 2010.

1. BadgerBaiter

BadgerBaiter New Member

Women using pushchairs as battering rams on the pavement and also as way of stopping traffic to walk across a busy main road instead of waiting at the lights.

2. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Member

I have sunburn in February. From the snow. What?

3. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

PWNED!

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

cracked frikken ribs from spinning a badly-fitted junior go-kart into the dirt at 50kph... while showing my "baby brother" (who is 9) how to drive the thing... FAIL! :/

5. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

*disclaimer* Nothing to do with BT forums *disclaimer*

The deletion of threads by crap moderators on forums. No warning, no reasons given, just a straight to bin deletion never to be seen again and we're expected to never mention said threads ever again or risk the same happening to our accounts.

At the very least ALL moderators should take 1 minute to type a reason and LOCK the thread, not delete. We all moan like funk about big brother watching us and then we get jumped-up mods giving no rhyme nor reason for their actions.

Like I said, got no issues here, we seem to get lively debates that get sorted properly. Two other sites in the last two days have got right up my nose. One of them is the Steam forums, nothing new there though it happens all the bloody time. I need to also add - nothing to do with me posting at these threads! ;) I just happened to be following the threads and then they magically disappeared.

HATE THAT!

6. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

Daily emails from Play.com and Amazon telling me that their latest sale has now started.

The Monday Sale
    The Easter Sale
    The Xmas Sale
    The January Sale
    The Bank Holiday Sales
    The Summer/Winter/Spring/Autumn Sales
    The We-Never-Stop-Having-Sales-But-We-Still-Feel-The-Need-To-Tell-You-About-All-The-Cheap-****-We-Have-In-Our-Bargain-Bins-On-A-Daily-Basis-And-Pretend-It-Is-A-Brand-New-Sale-Because-We-Think-You-Are-Dumb-Enough-To-Actually-Believe-We-Don't-Run-These-Sales-Every-Day-Of-The-Year Sale.

I love sales. But they've killed the idea of getting excited about sales, because their sales never end!

7. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Power cuts. In college. What the hell? This isn't the Seventies and OPEC isn't breathing down EDF's neck, so why have we been disconnected twice in two days?

8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Mankz' fault. His electric sex pants have a detrimental effect on the national power grid.

9. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

DIGITAL ZOOM is one of the biggest scams in modern technology.

Thanks a lot, Canon, for disabling optical zoom while filming. Is there a reason why you made it like that? The custom firmware can do it, so it's not a hardware limitation, so why? Now my choir video is ruined.

10. ripmax

ripmax Active Member

Yeah i really hate women with pushchairs, they block the pavement making you walk on the road.

11. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

The thing that I hate is the attitude they have, it's almost like they blame me for getting them pregnant ...

Women are generally possessed by demons most days, but the best time to witness this evil is in a supermarket, when they have a trolley, and its a few days before Xmas ...

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

People on the phone who laugh in a really annoying manner (think: Laugh, Intake, Laugh, Intake, Laugh ad infinitum...) - when you are trying to do a VAT reconciliation this is VERY annoying (especially as it goes on for ages).

People not holding a door open or saying thank you when it is held open for them.

People who are incapable of saying thank you when you wait on a set of stairs.

People who ask you to email someone, spend ages explaining what should be in the email and then sit twiddling their thumbs.... e-mail them your ******* self!

I had a great day.... :eek:

13. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

People with wheelie suitcases at train stations! Why are you using a tiny wheelie suitcase to go to work? Why must you stop at the top and bottom of stairs to extend or retract the handle? Why must you walk with it about 1 meter behind you so anyone trying to walk around you almost trips over it.

ARGH

14. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Anime episodes drawing out one part over at least 5 episodes... not something major, still made me rage today..

15. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

My job telling me I'm getting laid off and will for sure be back in 3 months (this was around 4 months ago)

Only to tell me that it might be till the end of the summer, when I'll already be in college

If the assh*les would have told me this I would have found a job till the end of the summer, now I'm out $2,000 that I needed for my car loan

16. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

Waiting. I hate waiting for things.

... and secrets, I hate secrets. I need to know everything.

Steam for Mac and Counter Strike Source Beta ...

Both of which I have to wait for and CSS:Beta is mostly secret ... off to hunt down some screenies!

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Waiting as well.
    Specifically waiting for idiots at the only telecoms provider in the country.
    I've been waiting for 2 bloody weeks for a friggen ADSL installation now. I know Finance over there is a department that sucks, but it's been lying at technical for the last week almost, and still NOONE has touched it.

18. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Tourists.

Specifically the car driving sort. For those of us actually live and work in Cornwall, the tourist season makes driving in the duchy an arduous proposition. Coupled with the council's almost pelvic thrusting desire to spray and chip every one of our roads (they weather poof the roads by spraying hot tar then throwing down loose gravel,) tourist season comes with a danger level akin to 'crossing the streams.'

Especially if you're a local that rides a motorbike.

• Stopping on roundabouts. Okay, I know you have roundabouts upcountry. I've seen them. Well we have them too and I'm pretty sure they work the same way. Do not drive onto one without looking then stop directly in front of me with a sudden realization that you never had right of way in the first place. This is dangerous and irksome to say the least.
    • Pulling out from junctions without looking. Again, unless you're trying to kill off the indigenous population with your Volvo, please remember that the Highway Code does indeed continue beyond the Tamar Bridge. To suddenly be presented by the side of a car while riding at the national limit is somewhat vexing.
    • Driving too slowly. I realize that our roads may seem a little narrow to you cityfolk but I can vouch for the fact that it is indeed entirely possible to progress at a faster rate than that of 20 miles per hour. Some people, the ones who aren't on holiday, do require to use the roads as well. We have funny quirks, like needing to buy food or visit people in other towns. Sometimes time is a factor and while we don't expect you to drive like Evil Kenevil, actually pressing the accelerator pedal would aid the situation enormously. Your constant lack of urgency is perplexing.
    • Stopping when you see the sea. Oh dear God. On the crest of a hill, a blind bend or just for shits and giggles. It's almost a daily occurrence where the car in front of me will suddenly stop dead in the road, the occupants alight and face the distant horizon with camera phones in hand. Congratulations, you have just created a 1 ton roadblock, one that sometimes takes great skill to avoid without accident. I swear, one day I'll turn a corner and there in front of me will be Vauxhall stationary in the road, tourists standing one side, the Reaper on the other. In fact, if this happens again and I will stick a bucket on my head and sacrifice your immortal soul to the great Vorlon God, Booji.

19. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Well-Known Member

@Silver51 - grockles are annoying wherever you live, but yes, that is very annoying!

The thing thats really annoying me is the plank they've put in the Prince Of Persia film...

Oh, and Chuck Season 3 can't come soon enough!!!!

20. Brooxy

Brooxy Like a boss (but not a boss)

Tailgaters. Near where I live there is a near enough straight road, with a 30mph limit on it. Now I can appreciate to a non-local this looks perfectly safe to do 40 / 50 on, but the road has police speed checks on a regular (almost weekly) basis, at different times, between the hill crests, so you can't see them until you're on top of them, thus within range

You can get right on my backside all you want, but I'm not budging over 30. Nor am I going to speed up because your lights flash me. If you want to get a ticket, overtake...