1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pete J's thread of Lego building (current project: 76210 Iron Man Mark 44 Hulkbuster - Alternate)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 21 Sep 2019.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

80cm

A near meter long Lego truck.

What the absolute tits.

modd1uk likes this.
  2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

8000+ parts. Fully remote controlled - and I do mean FULLY. Over 7m of pneumatic tubing and multiple pumps. Full suspension. It's what I imagine official Lego models will reach in ~ 10 years' time.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I know I wanted the plans for the Metal Gear Rex, but hot damn that thing just sounds absolutely mental to me.

Although I'm sure the Star Destroyer isn't exactly small either.

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

My first Technic set was the 1972 which came out in 1985, though don't know when I got it as I was 4 in '85.

5. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I have this, which is 82cm long... granted, it's an artic., but still...
    As far as this is concerned - yes; it's 110cm long.

Pete J and liratheal like this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The Saturn V is 100cm when fully assembled. It's an absolutely amazing set.

MadGinga likes this.
  7. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Even better is when standing, its footprint is nice and small unlike most large lego sets...

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just because you can stand it, doesn't mean you should! :lol: I've not stood it up because I don't trust our cats to not knock the cabinet!

Guest-44638 likes this.
  9. MadGinga

Lol! Our cats avoid it, but then it is standing against the wall, with shelves to one side...
    Really tempted to build a launch tower for it...

10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

You KNOW most cats gonna see summat like that & think... "that's goin' over...!"

Do each of the stages 'fix' together or just 'rest' on the one below?

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Each stage clips together pretty sturdily. It feels like you're going to damage something when you try to take it apart, but you really won't unless you're absolutely brutal with it. The upper stage even has detachable fairing that reveals the miniature LEM housed inside.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Found a design for it, but expect to need many, many bricks!

https://bricksafe.com/pages/NathanR/real-space/apollo-lut

Last six thumbnails on the page are 2 LXF models and 4 PDF instruction manuals.

MadGinga likes this.
  13. MadGinga

I really liked the one that went on Lego Ideas, but some total sh*ts stole the designs and are now manufacturing it as a set and selling the guy's design :(

EDIT: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a88109ec-9970-4fe1-98b4-9bd535856ab4

But the one you've linked also looks pretty darn good!

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Every time I sit down to get on with my 8880, something crops up :grr:. So close to finishing it as well.

In the meantime, another picture of the upcoming Lambo:

[​IMG]

Front opening doors. Yay!

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Third post's the charm:

Available from June 1st from the Lego store for £350.

The specs indicate an 8 speed gearbox - this is a little bit 'meh' as the actual car has 7, though it may be that 8 gears refers to 7f+1r. I feel the colour, although fairly accurate, may put some people off. And the Ducati releases on the same day...

I dunno. The Chiron is a hard act to follow up. To be honest, if you wait ~1 year, you'll probably be able to nab it off Amazon for just over £200.

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The 8800 is complete. Got a little emotional thinking about my 10 year old self finishing it for the first time back in '94.

I think I'll do a little photoshoot tomorrow, to preserve it in its full glory.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Lots to do yet, but:

[​IMG]

SO MUCH DUST. I'll add it to the long list of photos to have the magic fix tool waved over, whenever I get around to it. There are more photos, but I'll deal with them another time.

Minor updates:
    • I was flicking through the instructions for the Star Wars fighters and found that I had missed four very esoteric parts. Fortunately the colour of them didn't matter, so a couple of quid or so to sort it out.
    • Err, that's it.
    Now it's back to the Mustang or start the AT-AT?

AT-AT methinks. The size dictates how I'm going to approach a Hoth scene...

Last edited: 29 May 2020
    LennyRhys likes this.
  19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

AT-AT underway...

[​IMG]

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I was going to post this yesterday evening, but ended up chatting to a friend instead:

[​IMG]

It's going to be quite a tall thing when built! I'm not quite sure how to scale the whole thing's going to be; in terms of height, I think it'll be minifig scale, but it may be a little reduced in the length.

Couldn't sleep, so I'm up early! The Ducati Panigale V4 R and Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 are both available for purchase and it's mighty tempting, but I'm going to hold off for the following reasons:
    • Waiting even just a month can bring the prices down. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lambo going for ~£290 nearer Christmas, the Ducati £45.
    • I'm running out of room to display things!
    • There are errors in the Lambo instructions, so it's worth waiting for Lego to update the online manual (though they may have done this already).
    • Even though the Lambo is very impressive (Sariel, a Lego community figurehead, rates it better than the Chiron), it still doesn't have HOG steering. I'm going to wait for the 'Pimp my Sian' MOC upgrade that will almost certainly be done by the same guy who did the Chiron and 911 upgrade, which will add HOG and tweak the design a bit.
    • Related to the above, having skipped through a few build reviews for the Lambo, there are some steps that will make it very difficult to take apart again, hence I want to do the upgrade MOC straight off the bat. Additionally, since I'll convert it to right hand drive, I'll need extra time to check that I'm doing it right.