1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pete J's thread of Lego building (current project: 76210 Iron Man Mark 44 Hulkbuster - Alternate)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 21 Sep 2019.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Minor update time:
    • The AT-AT is designed in such a way that the inside is left mostly empty for you to customise. I've bought a load of chairs to put in, as well as a few snowtroopers. Going to have to wait for them to arrive now.
    • Work's gone a bit crazy at the moment, so hopefully more Lego building next week.
    • The rare dish parts for the AT-ST have turned up and are in good as new condition. A few more bits remaining...
    • I'm wondering about buying lots of white parts to do the snow for the Hoth scene.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Update time!

So, it's been a while since I've done any serious building - in the run up to furlough, I was busy making sure that things could run smoothly without me, then spent the rest of the week doing volunteer work at a friends' small company that produces PPE, staying at theirs since we are allowed to 'bubble' with a single group of people now. Cue a couple of days of hardcore gardening and house cleaning, and I'm all set up to get on with huge amount of Lego residing in my living room.
    • I gave in to temptation and ordered the parts and instructions for the Lamborghini Centenario, mentioned earlier in the thread. Not only that, I've also ordered chrome plated rims and a copper coated gear stick knob (teehee) to give it that extra 'va-va-voom'. I've briefly looked over the instructions and it's easily going to be the most complex build I'll have attempted - it truly is a masterpiece.
    • While I was at it, I've ordered parts for a snowspeeder (to complement the envisaged Hoth scene) as well as the remaining parts for the AT-ST. Crazily enough, by combining the orders and waiting for the right moment, the costs have been significantly reduced.
    • I'm still waiting for a squad of snowtroopers to turn up, so have paused work on the AT-AT.
    • I finally got around to counting the parts for the powerloader. Once I had them all on the table, it didn't make sense to put them away again, so I've switched to it for my current project.
    And now, to get on with the powerloader:

[​IMG]

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

SO very jealous of how much time and Lego you have :(
    Any chance you could update the OP to indicate the source of the MOCs? i.e. Rebrickable #12345?

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Legs are built:

[​IMG]

Now to move onto the torso...

@MadGinga I've started hyperlinking the MOCs in the first post. Eventually I'll link all of them.

5. MadGinga

Awesome!

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Cockpit/torso finished:

[​IMG]

Updates:
    • Annoyingly, I've found that one of the small (and thankfully cheap) parts had been crushed somehow. It hasn't stopped progress yet, but I've ordered a replacement from a UK supplier.
    • While I was at it, I added some parts for the APC.
    • The first parts of the Lambo turned up today, as well as some other parts I sneaked in for the APC.
    • The snowtroopers for the inside of the AT-AT turned up, but they have full backpacks, meaning they can't fit in the seats! I've ordered the snowtrooper 'hats' to allow them to sit down.
    Fortunately, all the above is quite cheap.

Arms tomorrow...

Byron C likes this.
  7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Et voila:

[​IMG]

This is definitely a display model. Although pose-able, some parts are easily dislodged, and some friction pins are kept in a permanently stressed state. However, if some added parts on my 8880 can survive 24 years of being under stress, these can too.

Now onto the Alien...

MadGinga, IanW and 13eightyfour like this.
  8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Off we go...

[​IMG]

Also:
    • More parts for the Centanario, snowspeeder and AT-ST have turned up.
    • Annoyingly, the srting for the snowspeeder's grapple gun wasn't on the art list, so I've submitted a very small order for that, picking up some more Outriders for my planned Avengers Infinity war/Endgame diorama.
    • Forgot to mention that the stickers for the Centanario also turned up last week. A bit pricey for what they are, but very impressed by the fact that they include the 'highlight' strips for the rear diffusers.
    EDIT: Also forgot to mention that I'm a little irked as Lego will be releasing the Death Star™ Final Duel in September - I have yet to get around to the MOC version I have to build!

Last edited: 22 Jun 2020
  9. MadGinga

Image no worky?
    [​IMG]
    Ooooh, details?
    Its not the first, and it wont be last time they release that scene....
    1st: https://brickset.com/sets/7200-1/Final-Duel-I & https://brickset.com/sets/7201-1/Final-Duel-II
    2nd: https://brickset.com/sets/75093-1/Death-Star-Final-Duel

The release later this year is the 3rd version (not including the 2 versions of the death star)....

10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Works for me & I'm not even supposed to be able to login here, any more...

11. MadGinga

didnt work earlier!

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Annoyingly, two parts were accidentally substituted for others for the Alien build, so I've ordered those and they should be with me soon. In the meantime, several orders for the Lambo/Snowspeeder/AT-ST turned up, so I've looked through them (unfortunately a few grey axes missing, and two incorrect length Dark Azure beams). In the meantime, I did a tiny it on the GT500 (not enough to warrant a photo) and the AT-AT now has a full complement of snowtroopers and is standing on its legs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bought the UCS Hulkbuster set (which I now have an MOC mod that makes it look AWESOME), and started picking up the Avengers minifigs as well as Star Wars ones. I've now got enough to have a shelf dedicated to the fight at the end of Endgame. I must have at least 100 of the Outriders as you can get them dirt cheap.

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

P.S. @MLyons or @Gareth Halfacree I'm trying to edit/update the first post in the thread but it keeps coming up with '500 Internal Server Error'. Is this something that can be fixed from your end?

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Odd. I'll take a look at this today. Are you adding a big picture by chance?

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

16. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

deployed a fix about 45 mins ago before heading to the food van. Got script for if this fix is needed again. Cheers for letting me know.

Pete J and IanW like this.
  17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Lego progress was delayed temporarily while I put up some shelves for the ever expanding collection, as well as counting parts for the Lambo (only a few bit missing).

Anyway, I got around to building good old Jeff Vader. Tomorrow I'll get Boba, a stormtrooper and a jetbike scout done. Then back to the AT-AT until the missing parts turn up for the Alien.

[​IMG]

Arboreal likes this.
  18. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Jeff Vader? Nice, he seems to have dropped his tray...maybe it was a bit slippery!
    I'm sure Mr Stevens can sort things out

Pete J and Byron C like this.
  19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Here are the completed 'Buildable Figures' I have:

[​IMG]

They're actually pretty good! They have a hint of the Clone Wars animated film about them. While pretty pose-able, they still have limitations - for example, I wanted to have the stormtrooper actually aiming down the blaster, but made do with the more typical 'run and gun' pose they're known for. I also tweaked Vader to be a bit more 'pleasing' from all angles - before, his mask was blocked by his fist.

Also, I now want a real life speeder bike.

Righto, time to sort out a few deliveries and finish of the AT-AT and Alien.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

AT-AT finished!

[​IMG]

STILL waiting for the final two parts for the Xenomorph to turn up. I think it's time I paid the Star Destroyer some attention...

IanW, BeauchN, Arboreal and 1 other person like this.