1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pete J's thread of Lego building (current project: 76210 Iron Man Mark 44 Hulkbuster - Alternate)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 21 Sep 2019.

1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

So, i had my last day of employment for at least a month yesterday; but i got surprise gifts from my (now ex-) colleagues:
    [​IMG]

Also got given a unwanted collection (much larger than i was led to believe):
    [​IMG]

Should keep me busy, especially as I havent built my previous backlog (ecto-1, flintstones & amelia earhart)... :S

LennyRhys, Byron C, IanW and 2 others like this.
  2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Wow! What a lovely bunch of colleagues :)

MadGinga and Pete J like this.
  3. MadGinga

Indeed they are/were. Shame the business and company politics got in the way :( But hey ho, i've got a metric sh*t-tonne of Lego, a redundancy payment and a new job to go to after ~1months break. As silver linings go it aint have bad.

EDIT: Need to have a proper delve through the mixed boxes and see what instructions are there. There's at least a Slave-1 and the Tron set - so thats awesome. Wonder what other gems are hidden?

IanW and Pete J like this.
  4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Brickit Lego Ideas gives you ideas and tools to build new creations with your Lego bricks:

1. Tell us what bricks you have. Find the sets you have at home and mark them — it will help us understand what bricks you own.
    2. Get fresh building ideas. We'll show you what to build with the bricks you have. Robots, kangaroos, х-wings, and more!
    3. Assemble step by step. Choose the idea that catches your fancy and follow our handy instructions.

Found while browsing Imgur, (content above ripped from Apple App store) looks interesting, not sure on it's scope beyond basic models though.

5. MadGinga

I like the idea, in principal, but i question how well the "scan a pile of bricks" works...
    Also, just giving some simple instructions made from common pieces, doenst really give me the confidence that it does what it says.
    If its just pulling parts lists from your entered set list, then thats ok i s'pose, but kinda defeats the "imaginative play" aspect of Lego for kids...

6. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

If only someone had just been given a big ass box of Lego they could tip all over the floor and scan it with the app?

MadGinga likes this.
  7. MadGinga

But i dont have an iphone... :(

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Make one out of Lego?

Pete J and MadGinga like this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

FYI - Any instructions that came with the bricks will have a "bill of materials" on the last couple of pages, showing all the bricks included in the kit.

10. MadGinga

Yup, still need to separate all the pieces into searchable piles otherwise it'd be like looking for pieces as a kid, just this time i will care about the colour, and wont settle for "that piece might not be the one i want, but it'll do"... it'll keep me busy/out of mischief!

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Shelby update:

[​IMG]

The 'core' (well, chassis) is now complete - the electrics and mechanisms are all working smoothly. The brake mechanism actually works extremely well in that a rubber band keeps the pads off the drums unless the motor is holding them in stopping position. I also found out that the gearbox is actually 1 reverse and 5 forward gears - as does its real counterpart! The gearbox can also catch from time to time, which is usually avoided by first cycling through the gears before driving to make sure the mechanisms are aligned correctly.

@MadGinga post photos of works in progress please!

IanW likes this.
  12. MadGinga

So, day #4 of "employment hiatus", and so far I've built Amelia Earhart's aeroplane, the Thanos mech, Ecto-1 & 2, and 'Trouble on Tatooine' (gosh darn if the 'child' minifig(?!) isnt ridiculously small and cute!); and i've rustled through the big tubs and pulled out the instructions...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It looks like that the ferrari, caterham, mustang, vw camper and tron set are bagged up individually as well so should be easy enough rebuilds.

Pete J likes this.
  13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

From experience the camper is annoyingly weak in places, I'm sure there some bits to correct that

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Quick mid-week update:

[​IMG]

Amazon had it for £12 less than RRP. Yoink!

boiled_elephant likes this.
  15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Lego just revealed the new Star Wars UCS kit - A Republic Gunship

Pete J likes this.
  16. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Yep, that looks awesome.

Anyone know where I can sell internal organs?

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Update time:

Mustang:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I'm missing 12 off the following:

[​IMG]

Getting them new is an expensive proposition, so I've ordered a surplus in 'used' condition from a UK seller with the hope that most of them are actually like new (which is usually the case when it comes to Lego).

Infinity Gauntlet:

[​IMG]

Yes, I'm that grown up.

I've got a mini scenario in mind with the Gauntlet, so hopefully a picture next week. The Avengers Collection is now pretty much complete, bar three or so minifigures. Oh, and I still have to make War/Ironmonger.

Byron C, LennyRhys and IanW like this.
  18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Update:

Mustang:

[​IMG]

Annoyingly, yet again I've run into missing parts:

[​IMG]

Ordered from a store in Canadaland as it's a rare part, so that'll probably be at least a couple of weeks. In the meantime:

AT-ST:

[​IMG]

Yet again, a missing part:

[​IMG]
    Ordered from a UK seller, so should be with me on Wednesday.

Finally, I set up the Infinity Gauntlet mini-diorama:

[​IMG]

The battle damaged Iron Man is actually an unofficial figure I bought off eBay from China. At some point I may swap out Thanos for his updated model, as well as equipping him with his double bladed weapon. I was also pleasantly surprised when I was looking through the box containing the Outriders (I still have a LOT left over) as I found Gamora and Killmonger - I forgot I had them!

Last edited: 1 Aug 2021
  19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Surprise Lego news!

Oh yes...

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Update:

The parts for the Mustang have been shipped and hopefully will be with me before a fortnight has passed, otherwise I'll have to wait until after my holiday at the end of August. The delivery containing the missing part for the AT-ST has arrived, but needs sorting. So, I got cracking on:

M41A Pulse Rifle

[​IMG]

There's half of the under barrel grenade launcher, complete with illuminated ammo counter. It's actually going to be quite big when completed!

LennyRhys, BeauchN and liratheal like this.