1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pete J's thread of Lego building (current project: 76210 Iron Man Mark 44 Hulkbuster - Alternate)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 21 Sep 2019.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Good news - the two bits arrived. Xenomorph completed!

[​IMG]

Really impressed with this MOC. Not only does the model manage to squeeze a lot of detail, it's also very robust - something most MOCs sacrifice for the advantage of greater detailing and/or more correct proportions. I took the liberty of adding additional 8x8 plates on the bottom of the 'platforms' as the multiple 4x4 plates seemed to pull apart for some reason.

The parts for the snowspeeder display base arrived today - they weren't included on the default list, so I ordered them. I built it since the parts were out and it was only a few parts. Now to wait for the correct versions of bits to arrive to finish the snowspeeder itself...

In the meantime, I've started the top panels for the Star Destroyer.

IamJudd and IanW like this.
  2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The Star Destroyer is one step closer to helping me TAKE OVER THE WORLD:

[​IMG]

What else to report?
    • The final few APC parts have been ordered. By doing it piecemeal, I've saved a LOT of money. Not as much as not buying it in the first place, but hey ho.
    • Realised some missing parts for the B-Wing, specifically the engines. It was only a fiver so decided to bite the bullet and have ordered the remaining parts.
    • The parts for the Lamborghini Centenario are now all present and correct. REALLY looking forward to this build.
    • The legendary MOC designer jb70 has released version 1 of his '42115 Pimp up my Lamborghini' for the Sian. I'll be waiting until nearer Christmas to allow him to publish any more revisions he thinks are necessary before taking the plunge.
    • I'm still finalising what I'm going to use to finish off my planned Hoth Diorama.
    Unfortunately, owing to my current employment situation, Lego buying will have to be suspended until further notice. On the other hand, I have enough to keep me going for a long time! Hopefully a new job will come around sooner rather than later and I can go back to buying overpriced pieces of ABS.

MadGinga likes this.
  3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Turrets are done - and now over 75% complete!

[​IMG]

A bit of a faff to get in place: if I were to redesign myself, I would have the panels as one part, rather than being able to remove the turret sub panel, to improve robustness. The port side turrets rotated first time when turning the port engine, but the starboard side needed a bit of 'squidging' to get the gears to engage. Looks good though!

I've noticed that being without the top panels for three months has let a fair amount of dust settle. I might give it a little clean when I've finished it - which I'm now treating as the priority.

In the meantime, I've found another project I'd like to build when circumstances allow:

It'd be nice to add a white car to the collection! One very small mod I'd like to make (aside from converting to right hand drive) is making the gear lever a little more detailed. I'd also like to add in a gear indicator, but that's more complicated...

Onto the front top panels...

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Top panels complete!

[​IMG]

My aim is to finish the two remaining sections (superstructure and bridge) before next Friday...

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Setting out the next lot of parts has taken a while, especially considering I've had a few other things to do in the meantime.

[​IMG]

...and that's not even half of book 6 :yawn:.

In the meantime:
    • I've finally found a Death Star to add to the build list:
    • I've got the instructions for the Rebel defence line for my Hoth diorama:
      [​IMG]
      Now I just need to plan the parts for the Wampa cave.
    I wonder how much of the parts I can put together before (early) bedtime today?

6. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Will be getting one of these bad boys?
    [​IMG]

And then modding in a Raspberry Pi (or similar suitable mini "pc") to run an emulator...? 'cause this IS Bit-Tech after-all...

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ha! That's pretty cool, but it's not really my thing.It's also mentally expensive :jawdrop:.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Woohoo! Half the superstructure done! Surprisingly large.

Goatee likes this.
  9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

"Surprisingly large" says the man building a monumental Star Destroyer.

Looking forward to seeing it complete!

Pete J, Dr. Coin and Goatee like this.
  10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Here we go again...

[​IMG]

While I'm here...

I've been struggling with how to incorporate the Millennium Falcon into my collection (obviously not really my number one wish of things to have at the moment, but no point dwelling on things I can't do much about!). Although it's tempting to build a minifig scale one, it would detract from the Star Destroyer, so I definitely want a smaller scale one. This would also mean somehow separating it from the minifig scale fighters. Luckily, I've found a nice model that is actually scaled to the 'trophy' sized minifigs:

[​IMG]

This will sit nicely in an alcove under the fighters I'll be building - I'll also get a few trophy figures to represent the scene in which the MF lands in an 'asteroid'. Unfortunately, the parts are reasonably expensive, so this is a long term goal...

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Over 90% complete!

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what scene I want to set up. Current choices are:
    • The Alien Chestburster scene, minus Ellen as she's already being hunted in the engine room.
    • The Battlestar Galactica cast
    Please feel free to suggest other scenes. I do have other Star Wars minifigs I could use, but given the other scenes I've set up, it seems a bit 'serious' to have Gran Moff Tarkin hosting a meeting.

I'm leaving it there for a week as I'm visiting friends and my parents. However, I'll be using the time at my parents' to build this:

[​IMG]

I've also ordered th parts for the Death Star. A bit naughty of me, but hardly bank-breaking, and the price dropped by over 10% one morning.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This.

:grin:

13. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Spaceballs

14. MadGinga

Futurama crew!
    The Boys/Supes
    Avengers/Justice League
    Simpsons

Last edited: 17 Jul 2020
    Pete J and Byron C like this.
  15. MadGinga

DOUBLE POST!

Last edited: 17 Jul 2020
  16. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

Firefly cast!

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

We've found a winner.

I'd be quite happy to sell a limb for official Firefly minifigs/sets.

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'd flip a coin between Firefly and Futurama, personally.

Pete J likes this.
  19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Funnily enough, a few minutes after typing my last post, Firefly popped into my head! When I can, I'll be purchasing these:

[​IMG]

Dr. Coin, liratheal, MadGinga and 2 others like this.
  20. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Sweet it even includes a toy dinosaur.

Pete J and liratheal like this.