1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pete J's thread of Lego building (current project: 76210 Iron Man Mark 44 Hulkbuster - Alternate)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 21 Sep 2019.

1. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Bless...! I never thought I'd ever use "cute" & "Millennium Falcon" in the same post... but I just did.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Fear not, someone has done it

[​IMG]

Pete J likes this.
  3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

No reply from www.budgetbricks.nl yet. Other sellers get back within an hour or two. Hmm.

Nice! I'd thought about putting a mini Falcon behind the bridge - this is a good scale compared to the others I'd been looking at.
    Now if this had been the official set, I might have bought it...

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Misha's Store order all present and correct: bonus points for putting each batch of unique parts in separate bags, which sped up part counting.

www.budgetbricks.nl got back to me and have said they'll send the part, as well as saying not to worry about sending the erroneous part back.

With any luck, Slave 1 will turn up later today. If not, tomorrow!

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Slave 1 turned up Thursday, all in a sealed box:

Obviously now completely worthless now that I've opened it :grin:. A surprising amount of Lego actually - the box was packed full. INTERESTING FACT ALERT: The minifigs in the current market would cost £46 to buy separately. It's worth looking at Lego sets for the minifigs if you want to get them. Think I'll add that into 'Lessons Learnt'.

Also, Paypal are offering some sort of deal on Paypal Credit where if you spend £30 or over, you get £10 off the next order, so I picked up the instructions for these:

[​IMG]

True minifig scale. Means I 'have' to look at getting a Darth Vader minifig (and others) though...

6. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Numbers on the bags of pieces implying instructions have 10 'chapters' - that's more than this, which only has 7... :eek:

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

All 66 bags of the UCS Falcon...
    [​IMG]

Now consider this MOC is the same gain :lol:

8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

SEVENTEEN chapters...?! :eek:

9. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

The instructions for this were a bit of a shock compared to all the previous sets I've had - a book thicker than yer average PC Monthly - but the biggest surprise was yet to be unleashed... the set can build 2 models, the instructions for the alt. model are 'download only'; yeah, right... I gotta PRINT them before I build it...?!

10. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Never heard of a tablet? ;) Easiest way to view and use the alternate instructions imho.

11. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Yes... but I'm old skool when it comes to building w/ LEGO. o_O

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

5/13 bags complete:

Think I'm going to use the Bespin guard as the chef in the Star Destroyer canteen.

The bags are smaller than usual. I quite like it as it makes progression feel a bit more manageable.

I always download the instructions to view on my tablet/laptop anyway. Lego sometimes make changes, so it's nice to have the most up to date version.

13. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Where are you going to get the trays from? I hear there may be some in the rainforest...:hehe:
    If not, Mr Stevens may be able to help!

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Do you know who i am ??

15. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Are you Jeff* Vader?

BUT, let's not start a game of 'who F* are you' :lol:

I saw the Lego animated version on YT befor Eddie doing it live, and the Lego version definitely adds to the amusement, and is funnier IMHO.

*Could be Geoff Vader...

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Grr. The SunyLooseBricks order is in the UK...somewhere. This is its current status:

'Unsuccessful Delivery. Awaiting payment of charges. Item held and waiting for further instruction'

I've sent an email, which has now got an automated response. I tried calling the local Post Office depot in Rotherham, but it has the most effing useless automated call handling system ever and I had to go to an all day meeting. Also, office hours are 0830-1300. How bloody useless.

UPDATE: Malaysia Post replied, saying Parcelforce was handling it. Went to their website which accepted the tracking number. There's a customs fee. Grr.

UPDATE: Customs fee paid - nowhere near as much as I feared. It's being delivered tomorrow, but I'm not in work until Thursday.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2019
  17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

So, the Bricks -N- Pieces order is being assessed for customs charges, having come from the USA. I tried to get the Parcelforce code to pay it, but it currently doesn't work. I'll have to chase it up on Monday. The SunyLooseBricks order is waiting for me at work (or at least it should be), as is the Land Rover Defender!

Slave one is 80% complete. Boba is sitting in his cockpit waiting for the canopy to be installed.

Unfortunately, owing to car related problems, I'll have to wait for over a fortnight until pursuing everything further. Stay tuned.

18. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Quick update:

www.budgetbricks.nl has sent the last piece - order complete.

SunyLooseBricks order has turned up in a surprisingly small but impressively heavy box.

Bricks -N- Pieces had an annoyingingly large customs charge to pay - almost twice the SunyLoosebricks one. I DON'T EVEN.

The plan is to count them at the weekend.

LennyRhys likes this.
  19. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

20% + £8? Using some shady exchange rate too? One of the main reasons I stopped ordering keyboard stuff from abroad.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Finished checking the SunyLooseBricks order:

10051/10055 parts. I'm going to order the missing bits in another order as it's not worth dealing with customs etc for a few pence worth of plastic. This just leaves the Bricks -N- Pieces order to check.

On another note, I've purchased the instructions for the following:

That's a much more long term project though - I'm going to build the various Imperial and Rebel fighters first.