1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Philips makes wireless HDMI

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 12 Jan 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Does it require an extra power socket because if it does then I'm afraid that it's useless.

3. Renoir

Renoir New Member

Anyone know what technology this is based on?

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i can bet Sony will start producing a copy of this item and call it its own and the whole world will prise it @ being so damn smart its allways been like this when Phillips invents the goods and Sony takes the credit.

5. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Presumably it could be built into TVs and sources (be they HD-DVD/Blu-Ray/DVD or terrestrial/satellite digiboxes or consoles) and take their power from the device they're built into?

This is pretty amazing when you consider what it is doing - UNCOMPRESSED HD video, even at the lower end of the resolution scale (say 720p at 30fps) needs 720(lines)*1280(columns)*24(bits per pixel)*30(fps) bits / sec = 632Mb/sec (+sound +overheads) over a wireless link. Crank it up to 1080p at 60fps and you're staring down the barrel of 3Gb/sec. That is hardcore.

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit No longer the other Brett.

Why would that matter?
    It will be sitting in the corner with your reciever,dvd etc away from the TV, thats sort of the point to remove all the cables away from the TV. :worried:

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

If it needs an extra power supply, you'll be looking at one each end, so thats two plugs required, if like me, your room only has two sockets at each location and you are renting then the maximum number of sockets you can get out is limited.

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit No longer the other Brett.

You have a point
    http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9672488-1.html

I suppose what it could mean is only 2 cables, 1 for the TV and 1 for the reciever, rather than TV,DVD,Satallite etc

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

nice..... were do you plug your TV? plug the receiver there. were do you plug your HD-DVD/BRD reader? plug the transmitter there.

10. El_Shekador

El_Shekador New Member

Is there any latency?

Does the conversion / deconversion to and from a radio signal cause any delay in the video? Assuming they fix the current glitches, that would be the only other thing that could keep me from buying this when it is released.

Tags: Add Tags