1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Philips velo 500 LCD.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by inzane86, 28 Sep 2004.

1. inzane86

inzane86 engineer with an axe

I own an old and little broken Philips HPC(hand held personal computer).
    It's a Philips velo 500. It has a 14 gray LCD. I wonder if there is a way to connect it to my pc. Or maybe flash some new software on it so i can use it for system stats.
    The LCD is a touch screen, It has a back light i think its flourecent. there is a 18 pin ribbon from the main board to the LCD.The touch screen runs over another ribbon. The LCD is Alps NEA03053AD. I got it for free because it got wet and the touch screen works only if the HPC is warm about 30 C.
    Oh... and i runs on Win CE2.0.
    P.S. I just disconnected the touch screen...

And another question... how could i connect mobile lcd-s to the pc, If they use I2C bus.... whatever that is :S.

Last edited: 28 Sep 2004
  2. Explicit

Explicit What's a Dremel?

I heard you can connect any LCD ever made to my PC, is that true?

Dude. Seriously, if you had even pretended to search this you would have found your answer, in fact, there is even a sticky at the top of this forum. Don't be so lazy.

3. inzane86

inzane86 engineer with an axe

You have no Idea how many hours I have spent in google trying to find a data sheet or some info abut the lcd... :wallbash: it's not you everyday alphanumeric LCD this is a full graphical 14 Grays LCD.
    And I'm not your everyday moding noob either. :D