1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress *** PHINIX NANO TOWER *** --- MOTY 2011 nomination !!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by phinix, 9 Nov 2009.

1. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Can't believe I'm late to the party!

Phinix, this mod is freaking great! I'm lovin' the work log and I can't wait to see finish product. Definitely one of my favourite mods this year!

High-five!

2. Rapture2k4

Rapture2k4 What's a Dremel?

Phinix,

I really love your build so far. When this is finished, will you be willing to post your sketch-up model and any other notes? I'd love to build this myself with your permission of course.

Thanx

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

[​IMG]
    ^ Like that?

4. stivalmighty

stivalmighty What's a Dremel?

Very nice bulid you got there mate hope the rest of it goes well for ya :D

5. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Thanks Jack!

Thank you. I'm affraid I cannot share those things. It is one of the kind project:)

Cheaps, what do you mean? What part of the case are you asking? Pump stand? bottom part of the pump stand? Rear part of middle power chamber panel?

Thank you very much! I hope so too!:)

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Hell, I don't remember anymore.:hehe:

7. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Alright:) Maybe you asked how I'm going to mount the whole rear thing to the case? Pump stand will be lying on the bottom panel, where the whole rear panel will be screwed to the frame. I need to measure it and make sure pump stand goes exactly along bottom case panel.
    Other thing, that middle panel, that top power chamber panel will be cut in half, the rear part will be screwed to the pump stand (with some tall aluminium piece, that will go along the reservoir) and it will slide between those angle profiles I mounted and the end of the power chamber top panel. Its hard to imagine without photos. I will make some sketches with this part later.

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

OK guys, before I show you finished rear panel radiator hole, I wanted to show you what recently came from Taiwan! I received nice big box full of goodies from Vincent from Bitspower! YAY! These bitspower fittings are soooo shiny, I just love to look at them!:)

[​IMG]

Of course I couldn't resist to unpack every one of them, so here it is...money shots:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one will go to pump outlet...
    [​IMG]

..two of these will go to radiator
    [​IMG]

These two will be mounted in top power chamber panel and will route the tubing to the graphic card block...
    [​IMG]

These two will help redirect the tubing with quick-release fittings to go around the reservoir...
    [​IMG]

This is beautiful water temp thermometer which will be installed in one of the reservoir holes, then to nice temperature gauge...
    [​IMG]

...and this is the whole beauty in the pack:) GTX295 water block.
    I was going to use EK block but the problem came out in the middle of planning the tube routes - problem is I cannot use block with the outlet going on the other side of the block (EK block has actually just one hole on both sides).
    The only block design I can use is block that will let me route inlet and outlet tubing to the center of the case - simply because there isn't enough space on theoutside to install any fitting with tube, between right panel and graphic card.
    Then I was looking for a quick solution and found that Bitspower makes these blocks for GTX295s!
    Just take a look on this one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see this block has holes on its side and comes with 90 degree adapters which will let me run tubing to the inside of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you like the photos! I will buy some softbox later and organise some nice place to make beautiful photos. I will make photos of those fittings again before i build the loop, so hopefully they will look even better than these photos:)
    This weekend will be longer cause I'm off work on Firday.. that means I will work on Tower in sweat and tears:D

Last edited: 26 May 2010
  9. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

LOL at the Bitspower smiley face :D

Love the look of that GFX block, very smart indeed :jawdrop:

The Tower is really gonna be a top class build Mike, i can't wait :rock:

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

There's a pic on XS that shows the Bitspower 5870 has very poor internals. You might want to crack this one open to make sure it's actually doing something with the water :p

Fittings look sexay though. Gotta love Bitspower compressions :D

11. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Uuuuh, that's a shiny block. Will definately consider Bitspower for my next mod, fullblock-wise, as that shiny surface would fit the theme neatly.

12. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

Awesome block man, and some nice photo's to show it.

I just don't get the fuzz about those Bitspower fittings. Sure they are nicely crafted, but they aren't that special IMHO. Well maybe I'm just a fool..

But that block. Omg!

Last edited: 26 May 2010
  13. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Some very nice goodies you have there mate :D. Very swish.

14. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

looks gooood mate:D

15. DavC

DavC What's a Dremel?

well just registered after reading this thread. what amazing work! i'll deffo be coming back to check for progress to this little project.

great job so far mate! loving the thought, time, and precision going into this project. :)

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Thank you guys!

I worked with sketchup a bit to show how basically this rear water-loop combo will work.
    So, as I explained before here it is:

This is the top panel of power chamber. It is cut in the middle (actually I will cut a bit less, like a rear left corner so I could pull it out from the case from the back of it)

[​IMG]

This is how it goes in the left panel of power chamber - it slides between top edge of that left panel and L shape aluminium profile corner on top of them.

[​IMG]

This sketch shows how it goes in the case. You can see ther two "go-through" adapters that will have two quick-release fittings sets screwed to it. So, when I'm going to install it, I will push the whole combo in and screw in the rear case panel, then simply connect quick-release fittings together with sticking two tubes form the gpu block.

[​IMG]

Here you can see how it looks from below - you can see the pump stand with that long alu "arm" that goes up to the top panel - that is how the rear piece of top panel will be mounted to the whole pump stand. I will also cut small piece of yellow acrylic to fill out that gap between two pieces of the top panel and light it up with yellow leds. Acrylic will also go with the whole thing outside to the rear of the case.

[​IMG]

...and last image: shows how it goes out the case. Mind there is no rear main case panel there - it will be screwed to that small L shape on the bottom of the pump stand.

[​IMG]

...and here in the case...
    [​IMG]

That's it. Mistery solved:) I hope you like the idea of how I'm going to solve the tight water loop problem:) I think it will work great. Well, in this kind of small case there is no other way to do it actually. There is no space to let me get my hands in and unscrew fittings or any other way to dismantle the whole thing.

Last edited: 27 May 2010
  17. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

Very inventive. Lets hope the model will be the same as the real thing..

18. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I love the design for the middle floor, the way it comes apart is some very cool design.

19. TonyL

TonyL modding on welfare

does the video card still extend into the lower chamber? can't see it in the models above

20. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

That's the plan! :)

Thanks mate!

It was on previous sketches - it goes behind the power chamber, on the right side of the case:

[​IMG]