1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phobya water-cooled case design thread - Stage 2

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Combatus, 3 Jan 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zukomonitor

zukomonitor assumption is the mother of all....

Too late and unfinished anyway :sigh::waah::waah::waah:

I changed my design and couldnt complete here's where I got to anyway

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

changed psu placement for better use of space (thanks to a forumite :thumb:)
    2x 360 rads - unique V setup
    2x pumps
    2x res's
    2 hdd caddys (8 hdd total)
    2 odd's
    upto eatx support
    space for another loop (2x120 rad)
    absolutely gutted!

2. NavidsonRecord

NavidsonRecord Where the bloody hell are ya'?

Phobya "Dominus" by subtec looks great! Very stealthy looking case and really sleek looking... Love it!

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Yeah, he has a great design and layout, very nice use of space and very professional look (workstation ? :p) ... nice one Subtec :thumb:

And nice one everyone, I can't wait to see the voting. That's going to be a close match :lol: :clap:

EDIT : Maybe Phobya should build all the case down here ... we could call it the Bit tech / Aquatuning case line :blush:

4. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

LOL but they can't give all of use the case with WCing equipment in it!

5. GuilleAcoustic

Didn't mean to give it to us .... just selling the cases. They ar so great that I can't choose one among the others :lol:

6. SnowyOwl

SnowyOwl What's a Dremel?

Hey ! got an idea last night watching the all-star competition Phobya should make this ''The classic annual case design contest'' !! It could draw other sponsors too!

wa da ya think ?:clap:

7. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Only if it's setup more professionally, with defined guidelines and atleast a little manufacturer-participation in the forums.

8. Razer2007

It's too much effort. They won't do it unfortunately. I would like it too.

9. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

It's not that much effort tbh.

Coolermaster has annual competitions for several years allready hosted on HWLuxx.

10. Razer2007

That's Coolermaster. Look how long it takes them to write an article and start the voting. What does BT get in return?

11. SnowyOwl

SnowyOwl What's a Dremel?

I think it could be as simple as mnpctech design contest no5 that Roboduck held this summer and see if it takes of....i tought the were straight foward and the support he gave was correct.
    The whole industry can benefit from these kind of contest....hey the automotive industry sometimes offer a job to the winner of these kind of contest...what do they have to loose a couple of hours(ok around a 100 to do a good job) to set up a contest that will probably give them a good selling design for free

12. GuilleAcoustic

What I know is that I can't wait for the vote to begin :D.

13. Razer2007

Same here, and If there can be another contest like this, as Owl man mentioned, I will definitely take part in it, and plan my design better.

I'll also help with the admin of the competition.

14. GuilleAcoustic

+1 :thumb:. Those contests are always benefit for every one (the industry gets good idea comming from users experience, and us, user get good product in return that match our needs better)

What ever will append, could I make it to stage 3 or not, I took a lot of fun here and it gave me the strength and the little motivation I needed to start my own scratch build (Monolith µATX :D)

Good luckto you all

15. zukomonitor

zukomonitor assumption is the mother of all....

Hi guys

It looks like I am still in, thought I would be diqualified for handing in an unfinished design late - so Im happy again lol

Allthough I doubt Ill make it to stage three, I feel honoured to have made it this far especially in the mix of all the exceptionally talented people in here.

Good luck and I know who I will be voting for...... actually I dont! lol I know who I want to make it through but I presume we only get one vote this time ???

looking forward to the article

Definitely agree with the above regarding yearly comps

:thumb:

16. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hi all. Just to let you know the voting will go live a week tomorrow - we're having to do a much larger article than last time due to the volume of images and descriptions - a good thing though!

As for number of votes, as five people will go through to Stage 3, it makes sense to have five votes per person. I for one would find it nearly impossible to chose just one design!

17. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

A little black/white comparison...

[​IMG]

Having both cases open just about crashed my computer. Almost maxed out 8GB of RAM :wallbash:

Hope you like it Snowy! :thumb:

18. GuilleAcoustic

Eye candy and yummy :blush:.

I'll try make a decent render of monolith ... but my Q6600 is already dying in SU ... so imagine with VRAY :wallbash: (not helped by my integrated geforce 9300 :waah:)

19. subtec

subtec drawing boxes

I've done all my SU/Vray work on a 1.9ghz single core Sempron with 1GB of ram and an AGP 6800LE. So there :p

20. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Most of my work was done on a Phenom II x6 1090T OC'd to 4.2GHz with 8GB of RAM. But because I am using SolidWorks and I don't have a fancy $1000+ workstation video card I get all sorts of fun fragments and crazy lines when working in it :wallbash:. Edit: Oh and SolidWorks only uses 1 core for everything (except rendering) so the other 5 cores are useless :grr:

Edit: BTW What is everyone using for software? I know SnowyOwl and I are using SolidWorks, and I know a lot of people are using Sketchup.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.