Phono into my computer...

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by sunnyg, 18 Jun 2007.

1. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

Hello,

I need to connect a phono source into my computer, so i can use my PC speakers?

What is the best way of doing this. I have the standard onboard soundcard on the DFi LanParty 959 UT.

If i convert the phono into a single line in plug will i loose quality?

thanks

2. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

That would work fine - a simple jack plug->phono socket adapter will work.

3. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

hi,

I've decided to make it a little more complicated. I need everything (sound) leaving my computer to go to a mixer, and then everything leaving this mixer to come back into my computer so i can use the computer speakers?

Is there a way to make sure I only let sound leave via line out, and line in goes straight to the speakers?

thanks

sunn

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

No easy way I know of doing it except having multiple sound cards.

5. harvy

harvy Minimodder

This is prob old hardware now and there will be much better equpiment out there... but have a look at the Terratech DMX-6fire... i belive that will do what you want!

6. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Thanks very much. I had a look but it looks quite expensive. Is there anyway i can do this if i have two sound cards. I basically need one sound card to be independent of any "computer sound". is there any way i can hard wire, or hard unwire one sound card so that the connections taking sound from the computer to the card or broken, so that only sound from line in will leave the 5.1 surr connections. i can use the 1st sound card as a line out for the "comp sound".

Is there any software out there that can let me specify where my sound comes and goes?

7. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

Hey,

I managed to work out how to do it using two sound card. I just muted the sw wave on one so the line in would play into the speakers. However, I've come up with a new problem. Since my LINE IN is stereo, it only plays on 2 of my 6 speakers. Is there any way of getting the stereo line in to play in surround sound/all the speakers?

8. ckrieger

ckrieger What's a Dremel?

If you've got all of your line out sound going through the mixer, depending on the make and model of the mixer, there should be a port on there somewhere where you could hook up your speakers, and hear everything you need to hear.

Just my two cents :p

9. harvy

harvy Minimodder

Alternativly get a second hand amp and hook that up to your lineout from mixer... and your speakers to your amp...

10. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

my main problem is, these are computer speakers so they have 3 plugs for front, rear and cent/sub. can u get amps with these as outs?