1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

photo editing

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by wizzy2k5, 9 Jul 2007.

1. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5 what???

I have a photo editor and am trying to get some use out of it :D so I tried a sunset shot , can someone please tell me where I went wrong or if its ok what can I do to make it better

Here are all 3 photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

which one is the best and what could I do more to improve it?

2. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

In Adobe Photoshop CS3 I've only did "Auto Levels," "Auto Color," and "Auto Contrast"

[​IMG]

3. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5 what???

nice :D what could you do for a sunset scene? as thats what I want to try and get use to for a starting point

4. OleJ

OleJ Me!

For a sunset effect I'd suggest you keep the first pic as the lower layer, then have the 3rd on top and add a mask with a gradient to the 3rd (top layer) Having the gradientmask reveal the red in top of the pic and yellow below. But do make it a large shift.

5. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

Difficult subject, so not easy to get right. First make sure the white balance on the camera is set to "Daylight" otherwise it will try and move the colours towards an average grey. That way you capture the yellow or red colours in the light. If your photo editor allows, change the white balance / colour balance

Secondly there seems to be some flare which makes the image flat - you can compensate for some of this by increasing contrast in your photo editor. There is some good detail in the image, so do some sharpening and then increase saturation selectively for the different colours in the image.

6. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5 what???