1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Photo leaks of Apple Tablet glass

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Jan 2010.

1. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I'm not sure the Apple is going to be anything like as highly specified as that; for a start, the screen is absolutely tiny, Macs have never been sold on their performance (at least not honestly sold on their performance) and I think this is closer to iPhone than MacBook in terms of components. I wouldn't be surprised if this packs some miserable ARM processor and has no number-crunching power at all - what would the user use it for? It's like asking for overclocks on an eBook. And as we all know, crap components are cheap.

This is true. Why can't Microsoft get Courier out already, dammit :miffed:

2. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

What are the specs of the Courier?

3. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

2x7" touchscreens with multitouch and stylus read is as firm as they ever got, no confirmation of production at any stage and no appearance at CES. That doesn't bode well for it.

4. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

They've also released an awesome demo. Sadly, it's not a working demo of the device but more of a concept. The fact that they haven't released the specs does make me think it's still quite a way off though. Still, it looks like a much more revolutionary device than an overgrown ipod touch, imho.

5. leslie

leslie Just me!

I'm calling hoax, but if that is it, I see another Newton in the making.

Anyone remember those...
    Sorry, I don't get tablets for anything where you may have to put in a decent amount of information. This includes surfing.

6. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I am not into the electronics events - so does anyone know what comes after CES and is the courier likely to get a showing at the next event? Is MS hiding the courier from CES a bad thing, or will they wait until the tablet is closer to release to steal some thunder from Apple?

One thing I got from the courier movie I watched was that it might be a glorified journal of sorts? I didn't really get anything from the movie apart from being able to move pictures around, write notes ... I may have missed the point?

7. woodss

woodss Yes Louis Wu

Down with the tablet's!

You either need a laptop, pc or phone, browsing the internet while your riding a jet ski is not productive

8. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I dunno, I would be lost without my tablet. While it doesn't have the power of the PC or even a laptop, it is much lighter and more portable than either, still runs a full OS (XP tablet, which is a superset of XP pro) and has a (12.1") screen which I can actually use for more than half an hour at a time.

So now, I'm not stuck behind a desk for hours while I get my fix of news and research things, I can study my OU course and take (digital) notes easily (using the awesome OneNote 2010) and I can insert screen clippings, audio, video and files into my notes, all while listening to my favourite music.

I can also take some time out and watch a movie or iPlayer/4OD content on demand or do some shopping.

Heck, if I put it down and connect a keyboard & mouse/ controller I can even play some of my favourite old games (MechCommander Gold/2, Dungeon Siege, AOEs, Ignition, KKND etc).

In short, I can do most of the things I do on a computer from the comfort of my sofa/armchair, thus hugely reducing the time I spend in front of my desk. Sure, the Tablet Input Panel in XP is not perfect, but they've done wonders with it in Windows 7 and, to a lesser extent, Vista.

P.S: I can also use my BB Bold as a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse if I'm really strapped.

Tags: Add Tags