1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Photo of the Day

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by bentleya, 25 Jul 2009.

1. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Active Member

What are you using and how accurate is it?

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Flir C2 - which has since been superseded by the C3, which has identical specs except for adding built-in Wi-Fi. It's pretty accurate - or it was, when it was calibrated back in 2015, but I've not kept up with the annual calibrations. I point it at a boiling kettle every now and again, and it seems to still be okay!

Very low resolution thermal sensor, though: 80x60. Good enough for a game of "where's the heat," but if you want something that'll go down to individual resistors look elsewhere (and spend ten times as much, of course.)

3. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

Hey all,

I'm wanting to take my photography a bit more seriously now and am now in the scenario of 'all the gear and no idea'.

I'm in Stoke on Trent during the weekends and in Bristol during the week. Anyone here in those regions and if so, would you like to meet up to do photography stuff? Would love to do a hike around the Peak District!

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've always dreaded having to take photos of white stuff, 'cos my clients always insist on a white background. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to try out a £30 LED backlight...

upload_2018-12-6_13-53-45.png

Very, *very* happy with that - should have bought one years ago, saved myself so much heartache!

Arboreal likes this.