1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Photos of your computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [KNIGHT], 9 Jan 2010.

1. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

I love seeing all these pictures, makes me wish i didnt have just this laptop!

2. KD88

KD88 Minimodder

Thank you, I loved the whole experience of the build and mods and have just completed another build for my stepson as a Christmas present from his wife, using a Xigmatek Utgard and what a lovely case to work on considering the price.
    As you can see I cut some extra holes in the motherboard tray and also had to buy a 24pin extension because of the PSU being at the base. This of course will depend on the length supplied with yours.

3. zia

zia What's a Dremel?

Couple pics of mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zia

4. j.col

j.col Minimodder

here is some of mine.
    the case is a NZXT Hades, i have since added a tuniq tower 120 HSF and tidied the cables a bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. skreenname

skreenname SFF Forever

[​IMG]
    It's not the best picture, but it's a good refresh to my last post, I think.
    [​IMG]
    I cut off the bottom because there's an obscenely white light down there, and nothing else of interest.

Last edited: 24 Dec 2010
  6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Switched cases. No special reason, just because I can.

Old:
    (EDIT: whoops realized it was on the last page.. [​IMG])

New:
    [​IMG]

Next stop: making the damn thing quiet.

7. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Gz on the case choice, excellent piece of kit imo.

Any plans on properly watercooling the beast (corsair H50/70 doesn't count), it's a waste to run it simply on air.

I should try and get a few pics of my Obsidian up too, loop rebuild coming next week, I'm putting in MIPS ram block and some clear Tygon tubing with Mayhem's dye for added bling;-)

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

No water cooling. This is my main "work" computer, so I really just want to keep it simple. Also I've had the Corsair just lying around for a year now so I figured I might just as well use it.

Last edited: 8 Jan 2011
  9. Robin Banks

Robin Banks Never going to get me.

WTF, WHY AREN'T MY PICTURES SHOWING UP?

HALP?

Last edited: 9 Jan 2011
  10. SlowMotionSuicide

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mah rig, as it stands. I'm going to upgrade the LT to the new XSPC Raystorm once it becomes available, and a few more cables need to be sleeved.

11. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Wow, this is an old thread till Suicide refreshed it!

Nice pics mate!

I've just copy/pasted my post on another thread here...just built this rig yesterday!

Ok time to add a few pictures...there are quite a few in the end...though I did start late into the job...I had a torrid time with the case initially....I was like DAMN this case why won't it work!! But, I realised actually, if I would take a moment and think...hehe...I was doing it all wrong! Then I had a torrid time setting the CPU in place and getting the TIM on properly.....

The instructions also provided a lot of information that I suddenly realised was so simple and so obvious that I couldn't believe I had spent so long fixing up my computer.

In any case the first picture is with me having finally managed to sort out the TIM for the CPU and securing the cooler into place, with the motherboard set inside, and most of the wiring done:

(Please note these pics were with my HTC Desire camera phone...I must say they look pretty great, even if there are some problems here and there, especially with the dark pics)

[​IMG]

Here's one of the same with flash:

[​IMG]

Some close-ups:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A view of the inside with the top fan:

[​IMG]

The MSI Twn Frozr in all its glory:

[​IMG]

I was having a lot of problems with getting the hard-drives in place...and couldn't figure out why the case had such design faults.....little did I know was that the case had thought of all the things I was moaning about....thats what the manual...and common sense are for LOL... :embrassed:

The case provided the following brackets:

[​IMG]

It has some nifty rubber supports:

[​IMG]

What I didn't realise were that the case had provided special screws that would go through the rubber supports and secure the HDD in place....I spent ages trying to secure it to the side panels.... :/ Once I fugured it out though, man was it a nifty feature or what! Secures the drive and also prevents vibration problems.

The 2.5" Crucial SSD unfortuantely doesn't have rubber supports, but to be fair doesn't really need them.

An outside look:

[​IMG]

More outside views:

[​IMG]

Top down view:

[​IMG]

The next step was to get all the wiring sorted....didn't do very well with that....

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

AFTER:

[​IMG]

I did my best but nothing was happening....at least the inside was looking good...

[​IMG]

In any case the final result was good.... :D

[​IMG]

Ok time to test the rig...does it even turn on?

[​IMG]

YES...we're in business boys!!

(ps sorry about the smudge on the light...damn camera lens wouldn't get any cleaner...)

Next step to set-up the side window fans:

[​IMG]

Lining up....

[​IMG]

Looking good for launch...

[​IMG]

Then I had a technical glitch....

[​IMG]

Quickly sorted:

[​IMG]

My desk at home: (sorry about the mess....was too tired to clean up)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pheeew! :clap:

Took me a while of two days to set it all up and get everything up and running. Win 7 installed and activated...yaaay!! Swimming in gold since!! :)

My views on the build:

I love it! Was tough, but fun building it. I have to say I really really like the case. When I got it at first I was a little apprehensive, and some of what folks had said about not buying the case was flooding my mind....but its a beauty...it does a few niggles...like the tooless rear panel fittings are a little stiff and took me ages to secure the MSI card, and that the thumbscrews for the side window panel are a little off-lined so tough to screw on, but it LOOKS awesome! Feels very solid and well built and has a nice front panel. :rock:

In addition, especially with the Bitfenix fans...it is ultra-quiet...when I first turned it on I thought damn have I blown something up cos its not working properly....LOL! :confused:

The only issue I have is that there isn't a MOBO LED when computer is off but switched on at the PSU, and the front panel audio cable has been buggy with the HD connection. I will have a look at the cable myself, but any thoughts on the MOBO LED...I mean there is one as soon as computer is turned on, but not before...thats also why I thought I'd blown something :p

I would like to thank everyone who helped me on this build and the various threads I opened asking for help about the build, the case, the SSD, the monitor and Win7. Thanks all, would have been lost without you!! :thumb: :D

PS. All Images were uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT: Here's a link to my album on imageshack...there are a few extra images there that I haven't included:

http://img62.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=367f.jpg

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

What pump is that?

13. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

a penis pump? gets coat

14. SlowMotionSuicide

It's in my sig, D5 vario with Koolance top. The aluminum cover is included in the package.

15. Krony

Krony What's a Dremel?

Few pics of my current build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Ahh yes... didn't think to check sig for the pump.

17. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

My newest build, that I made because my 2011 13" mbp wont cut it at a lan that I will be attending this month (surprise!)

So I present to you, the cheap-ass shitbox lan pc!

Gigabyte MA78GM-UD2H
    AMD Phenom II X3 2.8ghz @ 3.8ghz
    4*2gb corsair xms2
    EVGA GTX460 @ 890 core
    Corsair CX430 psu (new)
    Corsair A70 cooler (new)
    Ace ecco 220 case (new)
    And a couple of hdd's

All in, it cost me 221£

[​IMG]

18. SlowMotionSuicide

Krony, that's a Little Devil case, correct?

One huge mutha.

19. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

Wishes I had spent more time now when building mine. Mines boring lol! Will take some pics in a bit and upload them.

Some of the machines are so sexy! I debated whether to change to water cooling although I would need to remove the MB as I dont have a hole in the tray to fit it. Should have bought a better case me thinks. Might build another computer and do away with these 2 Dells I have sat here doing nothing.

Catherine

20. Ant1981

Ant1981 Minimodder

Leds on fans are a bit chavvy.