1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Pic based Hardware Keylogger / Atmel Programmer

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bigal, 6 Mar 2005.

1. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

Hi peeps!
    I have wanted one of these for a while, just for fun you know.. Anyway, i stumbled across this:

http://www.keelog.com/diy.html

Great, just what i need, a cheap way to build one, under £10 worth of parts, souperb... only one problem, i dont "do" Atmel's, i have 2 pic programmers, but no ATmel programmers, SO

1) does anyone know similar projects using a PIC or how to modify it to use a PIC, assumingly this will require all new software etc..

2) How can i build / get / borrow / steal a ATmel programmer. (failing the above)

Any ideas? :thumb:

2. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

I've made a PIC one, but i don't give the code out, its one of those things, a keylogger is 99.999999% malicous use (i sure as hell know mine was) but after making it myself, learning all about the protocols and figuring out how to make it perfectly in line, i didn't need to show how great it was too much.

So they're fairly straight forward to program (VERY easy if you don't make it so you have a 'review' mode where you open notepad, type a secret key cobonation, and then it spits out all the keys, converting mod keys to ASCII names of the keys).

Atmel programers are easy to make (ish) google will help you there.

3. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

how can you ise it without a "review" mode, read it in the programmer? I guess i might as well try any use the circuit they give, but i am having trouble finding the EEProm on rapidelectronics.co.uk, they have plent of similar ones there. Will any EProm work, as long as it is similar? :confused:

4. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

aye I have seen this before.

Kevin rose showed it on techtv. You can get small devices that tells you every key you write. They are a cool idea for office workers. If the boss wants to track whats going on;)

- S

5. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

yesh, the site at the top sells them, but they are £30, so its cheaper to make one in the long run! :)

Anyone reccomend a programmer schematic then?

6. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

does anyone here have a ATMEL programmer, i would possibaly consider paying someone to program one for me... :)