1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Pimp my ride is coming to the UK

Discussion in 'General' started by Springs, 5 Mar 2005.

1. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

The 1968 Mustang looked pretty nice imo. Iirc they gave it a nice paint job (metalic blue), put some nice rims on and white leather. Compared to the other cars they have done.

2. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

I don't understand half the crap they do on that show. I mean, I saw it once where they put lcd's UNDER the car. Uh, why? I also still can't figure out why they put lcd's in a trunk either. Hell, WTF do you need an lcd in the car for anyway!? I can see one in the back for kids on those looooong car trips, but 12" lcd's in the dash? It's illegal to drive and watch it, so what's the point?

3. Springs

Springs Boing boing

the LCD under the car was for a guy who wanted to become a mechanic.. so they put one under there so he could basically look at a manual/video of what he's doing with out having to go back and forth under the car...

but if you think having only a few screens in a car... ive got a pic of a car which have 2 screens in each door and 5 screens in the dash board and the passengers equivelent (sp) here is a pic of it..

but they only put that much equipment in the vehicles cos they get paid for it..

4. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

OMG... whats with these Wiggas taking over my tv???

5. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

I love to watch it just to see how many ridiculously stupid mods they do :hehe: . I reckon they must have got hundreds of dodgy LCDs on the cheap and are just fobbing them off to MTV at 500% profit, I mean they must put at least 5 in each car ffs.

6. Springs

Springs Boing boing

same here really... i just watched the 1st ep of season 3 and the put a "hot tub" in the back of a van..!! how stupid really..

7. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

just found its website and the mustang looked ok from the small pic thats shown. Even some birds Volkswagen Baja Bug looked decent if your gonna be driving it around the right area i mean it would look out of place in the rainy old uk.

But what the hell is this all about? its gotta be the stupidest thing ive seen, looks worse than a chav nova.

Im guessing to that this is how ArtificialHero's mate's VW camper will turn out too.

also most of the owners have auctioned off the cars on ebay so really whats the point?

8. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Yay! Tim Westwood!!! This is going to be hellafunny :hehe:

9. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I am very sorry its even on, I say thats a national embaracement. They should cancel the show and burn the tapes and the cars they did. UGH.. Dont remind me.

10. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I like wayching it just to see what kind of crap they can do to a car. I almost died laughing when they put the fireplace in the back of that bronco :lol:

Somethings they do are ridiculous, some are cool. I liked the intergated digi-cam in the rearview mirror, but they could have done a better job at stealthing the picture printer. I liked the suburban they did for that hot chick. I mean c'mon, take that suburban camping and you have a mobile party. A dozen or so woofers and some TVs, that would be cool for partying out in the woods or something.

But, for every semi-good episode, theres like 5 bad ones. The 240sx with three XBoxes and the hood-scoops and the giant piece of crap vinyl and the multiple paints???? The Mustang with the gold covertable roof and the bubble machine? The fireplace?? The old cadillac with the hearts on it?? The waterfall in the back seat of that T-Bird (and the chandallear on the roof?)and the Civic they did with the child eating hood-scoops?? Wow. If they spent as much money making th cars as fast as they look, it would be a better show. I will watch Tuner Transformation on the SPEED channel over Pimp my Rice everyday, unless I want a good laugh

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If there aren't decent cars in the UK (a mix of the best european, japanese and american cars all in one place) then where are there?

12. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I meant lack of decent cars that are going to go on a show like this. I imagine they will all be crappy little run arounds or bombed out vans.

13. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

They get a lot of the screens from directed electronics (at least on the US show) and seeing as directed are in the uk as well ,[sarcasm]the guys that brought you the fabulously reliable clifford alarm range[/sarcasm], I dare say that they''ll be getting them from there again

Saying that I'd be much more interested in seeing how they do the mods than the finished product, a bit more along the lines of teh way they film stuff like scrapheap challenge where you see the guys actually figuring out how and then see how they actually get stuff to work, I install for a living and yeah the end product looks shiny and clean but the work that goes into it is more of what i want to see

14. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

If you guys want a car modding show that focuses more on the mods in which they do TASTEFULL restorations/mods, check out Overhauling on The Learning Channel. The infamous Chip Foose is the lead designer for all the cars and they always to a fantastic job - there isn't one car that they did that I don't like.

eg:

'50 Ford before and after:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

'67 Nova (my fave):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

'68 Chevelle:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

These aren't just new paint and wheels, it's a complete frame-off restoration with new race-ready engines, suspensions, rear-ends, audio, video, one-off custom wheels, sometimes custom cut tires, the whole lot. Many times there invite people from Sony, Kicker, Magnaflow, Baer, Edelbrock and others to take part in the build. The whole thing is that the cars are nominated by a family member, friend, etc and the owner doesn't know what's going on. In fact, every the show hosts convince the owner that the car was stolen. It all takes place in 7-days and the owner gets a one of a kind, Chip Foose designed and built custom car.

You also may want to check out Monster Garage on Discovery...

15. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Monster Garage is awsome, but what sucks is that (most of) the monsters arent built to be streetable or used after the show ends. Ive seen some of the cars in person and it look like half done rushed jobs that are built to only be used once.

16. MRKIKKOMAN5645

MRKIKKOMAN5645 What's a Dremel?

they should make a show but instead of adding a bunch of tvs and **** they should rebuild the engine and **** that acctually matters... by the way i hate that show

17. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Overhaulin' is awesome. I watch it every Tuesday. Then I also watch Rides as well. That show rules as well.

18. kopite

kopite What's a Dremel?

american hotrod is good :D

Making hotrods from the floor up :D

19. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

On chrisgreens link

"Wench with remote control"

20. ViRuZO

ViRuZO What's a Dremel?

can anyone give me a link where to download these pimps(http:// or ftp is even more valuable) exept torrents i have these overly :) :clap:

Tags: