1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pirate "Simpsons Movie" tracked to Australia

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 20 Aug 2007.

1. labr@t

labr@t What's a Dremel?

where he's going its not the big E-penis he has the worry about its the large penis in the shower block that he should worry about! :)

2. sinkhead

sinkhead Pleh

For all these people talking about torrents, you should try Usenet instead. It's so much better, I get 250kbps almost constantly and you don't need to seed back, but it isn't free (but it's cheap)

3. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

i almost fell asleep during the film

i cant say i thought it was that great, i dont know where this guy uploaded the film, but tbh, hes not the only one who has gone into a cinema and videod a film before
    I guess he just revealed a bit too much and they could get him for it ....

4. Nature

Nature Minimodder

This is BS. ALL of asia doesn't respect copyright laws. I don't know matt groenning personally, but would bet everything I own that he wouldn't want anyone to be thrown in jail because of "illegally" downloading his movie.

As soon as it theaters it was on DVD here.

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Maybe Groening doesn't, but you can be damn sure that there are a lot of people who's job is it to maxmise profits that do want pirates thrown in jail. Groening's job is to make a cartoon, there are other people who's job it is to make that that that cartoon makes money. Those are the ones who want jail sentences imposed.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Regardless of the film, as with everything. To stop these guys there are 2 options.

1) Get rid of cinemas, as its a dying business with internet video, cable and satalite TV and DVD's with HD here now.

2) Lower the god dam prices. I mean it cost over £5 a ticket and if me and my wife go, then its not worth it as its going to cost over £10. We might as well wait 4 weeks later and get the DVD. At least then I can watch it again another time.

Cinema is far too expensive and everytime I have gone regardless of day or time, there has only been around 10 people max.

7. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

7$ here, I find it well worth it, love the ginormous screen. Maybe you can afford HD and all, but I know I can't, nor will for a long time until prices drop to about 100$ to 300$. There are many many many people who can't afford big screen and HD either. Plus going to the movies is always a fun thing around here, specially with friends, it's a social gathering, so afterwards we hit Gameworks and grab a bite to eat, and everything.

I really don't see it as a dying business, specially with the IMAX theaters too, those are awesome.

8. Edvuld

Edvuld Minimodder

I only go to the cinema on movies that I know I'll like. With all the crap that's beeing produced now, you can't go to a cinema, or even buy a DVD, because 90% of the time you just end up with a shitty movie annoying you standing in the book shelf. Heck, you can't trust the trailers either, they never ever reflect how good or bad a movie is. That beeing said, I buy the movies I like and feel like I could watch again, later when the prize is lower.

It would be cool if you could watch the first 30min of a movie for free, and pay for the rest or something =D

9. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

If anything putting that on the internet just made more people see the movie. They started watching this shitty quality thing b/c they were not going to see it anyways. Then they watch this crappy copy and go oh this does look funny I think I will go to the movies where I can actually see the movie.

10. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

It costs $8.50 per ticket at my local theater. And then there's the cost of a drink and popcorn.

I can't afford a full home theater either, so I do enjoy going to the theater. However, due to the rising ticket costs, I will only go to the theater for a movie that I think is "theater worthy." In other words, romantic comedies and other such movies that don't feature special effects are rented (thank you Netflix). I save the theater for movies like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, or other similar movies that really benefit from the big screen and enhanced sound.

-monkey

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I go to the movies a good amount recently as I've had nothing better to do. Actually in honesty it's been better than usual, but it's still barely worth the cost of going once you figure in drinks and all that stuff. Plus fairly uncomfortable seats and stupid people with their cell phones out or whatever.

Having said that, I'll download something once in a while. And more often than not, I've already seen it - I just thought I might want to see it again and not have to leave the house to do so. Half the time I don't even watch the downloaded copy. I can think of a single time I've watched a downloaded copy and not seen it in theatres, and half the reason for that was not getting a chance to go. I want content creators to be rewarded for their work, but I don't want to get shafted either.

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I suppose the file was named "Simpsons.The.Movie_DVDRIP". The only thing that makes me wonder in this bit of news is that who the hell are the 110000 people that downloaded it! Maybe just to see quickly if the movie is worth going to the theater?

13. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Thing is, checking the newsgroups, there's been copies up there with much better quality since July 29th... :eyebrow:

14. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Regardless if there are corporate succubusses tied with the FBI and and other international policing agencies, it's a shame that the spirit of the simpsons is completely opposite of criminalizing people for viewing the show.

I don't know how to word it correctly, but I have grown up watching the simpsons since the tracey ulman show- to the begining of the network seasons- to the family guy era of slap stick no morale of the story type episodes and so on...

I just know the group that makes the show doesn't want people to go to jail, it's the huge and ugly company that wants to scare people into consumer submission..

AM I WRONG?????

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

they need a scapegoat.... or to make him an example for other people.... the thing is.... how did they track him?

16. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering What's a Dremel?

See - now that's why, in London, I almost feel justified in pirating the odd film, especially if I don't know it's one I'll like. Here it costs between £7 and £14 depending on which cinema you go to, and popcorn and a drink adds another £5-8.

Generally I wait till films come on DVD and then add them to my mail-order DVD rental queue. It costs a less than the price of a cinema ticket per month, and usually we can get around 8-10 dvds in a month if we send them back quickly.

17. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Well i dont go much anymore to the theatre, First i have to pay 7 euro for a parking ticket, then 8 euro for the movieticket itself. 10 euro for snacks/drinks. (and i dont even mention the gasoline price) And then there are 'persons' (dont want to go racial here) that mess things up and ruining my pleasure of watching movie in the theatre.

I love the bigscreen and earthshacking sound. But to be honest i have 7.1 B&W thx feeded from a onkio thx systemt and a 42" plasma and when watching this, my neighboors cups fall out of the cupboards. So for bigscreen and earthshaking sound i dont have to go out of my house. Plus i can just lay down on the couch.

So for the cost of 2 hours of theater watching. I can buy the dvd, and watch it whenever i want, again and again.

And then they still dare to complain about thieft if i see all those first week boxoffice hits with brings in 300 mill dollars for a movie that cost a 100 mill. (half of that to pay overpriced actors) And thats not even counting the dvd release incomes and merchandise to come.

So check the income again over a year and they would have made 900 mill out of a 100mill movie. And still they complain about 800.000 people downloading bad cam movies, who would not go to the movie anyway otherwise they did not downloaded it in the first place...

Its ridiculous!

Last edited: 23 Aug 2007
Tags: Add Tags