1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixar 'Cars'

Discussion in 'General' started by mookboy, 6 Feb 2006.

1. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Jun 2006
  2. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I, for one, am really looking forward to this. I think it looks great, and seems from the trailers I've seen to have the same brand of humour as the rest of the Pixar movies.

As for Jimbo and the Jetset - I think that's a little unfair. That's like calling The Incredibles Banananman. ;)

OK so, the cars themselves have a cartoon-ish quality to them - but no more so than the insects in Bugs Life, or the Toys in Toy Story.

Flop or Not? I call Not. :D

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i donno, ill still watch it tho. but tbh all of the pixar movies are a good laugh.

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

No, what I mean is they actually look like they are from Jimbo and Jetset. I personally think this could be pretty rubbish, and I would rather see Pixar do something else along the lines of The Incredibles, rather than find some other inanimate objects or unhuman characters to humanise. Just the whole art style is really meeeeeh if you ask me.

5. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

i think cas will be a good laugh, but not worth seeing in the theatre. also i think pixar got bought out by disney, so the movies they make in future maybe more disneyish :(

6. GreatOldOne

New trailer here:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/cars/

I really like the attention to detail in this... The shape of the cliffs and rock outcrops in the desert, The way the petrol station is made up of oversize carparts. Looks fab! And of course, it's suffused with Pixar's trademark knowing humour :D

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ok... Now it looks better, having seen the actual trailer. The teaser made it look like a story simply about racing, which would suck.

More optimistic about this one now, I hope it's a good 'un. :D

8. GreatOldOne

9. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

I'm looking forward to this, I love pixars stuff , they cant seem to put a foot wrong

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Same here... Pixar's built up a good rep of well rounded comedy... enough to go see what their next creation is like :)

11. GreatOldOne

Went to see this at Downtown Disney last night. Fab film - Pixar's reputation is still intact! :D

The short before was good (One Man Band), but that was just a taster of what was to come.

As soon as you get your head around the fact that the car are the characters, you forget that they're on four-wheels. It's quite amazing how they've made the cars emote. And they inhabit is just incredible - from the racing scenes where you can see bits of rubber flying off the tires (Yep, you can see marbles on the track) to the stunning scenery around Radiator Springs and Route 66, it's astonishing the amount of detail the Pixar guys have managed to get in to each frame (I read somewhere that each frame took 17 hours to render!)

The car-acters (pardon the pun) are great - from the Ferrari loving tire shop owner, the shy fire truck and the town judge - right on to characters you don't see for long - like the ricer boys and the Hero's twin MX5 groupies (Mia & Tia... Geddit? It's almost Miata... :D )

And there's some famous names in it - I won't spoil it for you, but if you're a petrol head you'll spot them.

Go see it - there's something in this for everyone. And don't forget to stay right until the end - as usual there are some great bits during the credits :thumb:

Last edited: 24 Jul 2006
  12. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

I just watched it. Absolutely fantastic ! I loved it, especailly Luiegi (sp) at the pits, thats soo funny :hehe:. But as GOO said, its a awsome film, fully of comedy and drama. A must see in my book ;)

-Fr4nk

13. GreatOldOne

Cars is out on general release in the UK on 28th July 2006. That's this Friday. I'll be seeing it again. :thumb:

14. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

yep me too, i swear the detail of the animation gets better and better after each release. I must say tho i loved how they made the characters like cars, pure genius.

15. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

they merged and every person in pixar got a pay rise and i believe the artistic director or some such now gives the ok on any animation taken up by disney/pixar so in theory disney will make better films.

back on topic tho cars looks very good, when they first said they were making this it sounded rather rubbish and the first teaser in the cinema didnt make it look all that great ether. the fact they have kept each car looking like it should with real sponsors on the main character as hes from nascar is quite cool, attention to detail and all that. :D

16. GreatOldOne

He has sponsers, but not real sponsers from 'our' world, but fun ones from the 'car' world - things like 'Gasprin, Hoodache relief', or 'Revolting Rebuilt Alternators'

I'm sorta sad in the fact that I have a Cars T-Shirt, that has all of Lighting's sponsors on the back... :blush: :D

Watch out for the white Apple Sponsored car in the race though - No. 84 (The year the Mac was released). :cooldude:

17. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

I watched it on Friday and Saturday at an advanced screening in Birmingham, got to say its great!

DAMN CANT PUT THIS SENTENCE AS IT WILL GIVE AWAY THE FILM

watch it and love it.
    Everyone will like it!
    Regards
    GiGo

18. $loth

$loth What's a Dremel?

The comedy looks like the rest of pixar comedy, character based. Though the characters aren't animals so I'm wondering if they've found a balance as not to hinder a female audience.

19. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I try to boycott Pixar as much as I can, and this is going to be another film I'm not going to see.
    Honestly, it's just the standard Disney/Pixar story all over again - "Boy/thing moves/something happens, meets a girl/girl-thing, and solves the problem as well as humping the girl/girl-thing".

Honestly, the storyline of Toy Story and Cars to eerily similar.

20. xpc

xpc What's a Dremel?

one of the makers of that film, i mean who create that 3d is a filipino.
    IDOL! :D