1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pixmania.co.uk - any good?

Discussion in 'General' started by 13en, 9 Feb 2010.

1. 13en

13en Minimodder

Does anyone here have any recent experience buying from these guys?

I'm looking at buying a phone from them, and to be honest it's suspiciously cheap - £40-50 less than most other places. Seems as though it's likely to be a continental version (company is french, product details say the manual is in french), but since I'll only be charging it though USB and the manual is available online, that's not really a problem. Although the fact that it has a slightly different model number is a bit worrying (S100 vs A1), it seems that Acer only make the one phone called 'liquid', and in only one version.

Reviews for them seem to be mixed, although theres a lot of people giving them bad reviews for things like european plugs - i.e. things that are not a problem for me, but there are also plenty about slow delivery, items being 'in stock' then being 'temporarily out of stock' after ordering and then taking weeks to arrive.

If anybody on here has used them in the last year or two (I think I bought something from them several years back, can't remember what though) then your opinion would be a lot more helpful than most of the ones from the review sites.

Cheers.

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I've bought some stuff from them in the past and never had a problem. Like you say, only thing is that they're French and so any plug will need a converter or use USB. The things I ordered were in stock and arrived within a week.

3. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

They have some great deals.
    I've used them no problem.
    Legit and very cheap.

never had to send anything back though.......

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just thought I'd add.

They are part of DSG International, aka, PC World, Currys etc, that group. So they should be pretty reputable.

I've never actually bought anything from them, but have asked about them previously as they always had awesome prices on Sapphire 4870s and 4890s. All the answers I got were good.

5. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

I bought an ipod from them a few years ago and everything was fine. As you and others have already said, it came with a continental plug but that wasn't a problem for me.

6. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Ordered from them a few times, never had any problems.

7. 13en

13en Minimodder

Thanks for the opinions, I've gone ahead and ordered, so should have a shiny new toy in a few days :D

8. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

i ordered a netbook from them last month. it never arrived, even though DHL tracking said it did.

im properly pissed off with them, even though it wasnt their fault it never got delivered, they are dragging their feet on my refund.

9. iggy

iggy Minimodder

i ordered a pc from them and they turned up and not only failed to deliver my order but stole all my belongings and stuck next doors babies on spikes.

10. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Pix has been good to me in the past. They source the best prices from lot's of sellers and do a lot of stuff from their own stock. I did get one mistake but it wasn't their fault, it was third party, I ordered 2 items and only received 1, phoned third party, old dear on phone very apologetic, 3 days later 2nd item arrived.

Got the cheapest Canon D500 on the internet from there. Very happy about that!!

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I ordered a printer a few years ago which took 4 weeks to arrive as it did a trip around Europe including the UK twice. Customer service was alright but you seemed to go to different countries each time you phoned, i think i had Holland, Germany and France but they all spoke great English and were very helpful.

12. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

same again no issues
    I ordered a 5.1 speaker system & amp from them.
    Think i order a euro converter plug as well.