1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Planetside 2 - Massive Combat on an Epic Scale

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RedManc, 17 Feb 2012.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

I managed to grab a key from a twitch stream yesterday and I haven't stopped playing since :cooldude:

Add me up on EU1, my name is grexzor. :thumb:

2. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Sorry for the honey trap. I think I'll get it even though I'm in.

IGN had a bunch of keys, xFactor tweeted a source. He also had some to give away in his stream. The Enclave's stream was getting keys as well. So there are lot's of ways to get hold of them, and besides it is still really early doors. Every signed up for open beta will get in at some point, and the team might be in beta for over three months with character wipes along the way.

3. Harty

Harty What's a Dremel?

Can't wait to get into the beta. Should have my new build soon, hopefully by then I'll have a code. :D

4. Bobman

Bobman What's a Dremel?

I've stumped up for the instant in - been watching too much lvlcap and xfactor to wait it out. Besides, seem to get a chunk of in game reddies thrown in so hopefully not too bad value.

Install was painless - should give it a proper whirl this evening....

5. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Na not true.

You have an "instant action" spawn, you goto the map click a hotspot where there is a battle going down and you drop pod into the area (ur best bet is to get a squad first so you can hook up with them imo). This does have a cool down of aprox 30mins however.

When you die in that region there is normally spawn points nearby (depending on the current battle these may be a bit of a hike to the action or close by). So you arent having to go all the way from across the map.

The only time there has not been much of a battle for me is when the server population is low.

Regarding the Beta keys, then yea the twitter an FB is your best bets, make sure to Follow the twitter accounts or you cant get the DM with key. Sometimes they have silly comps which are easy enough (i got a key by answering one regarding what is your fav light aircraft, noone had responded so i said a mosquito cos it looks and acts like one!).

I saw IGN had some but when i looked into it you had to pay for IGN premium to get it!

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Its tempting but 30 pounds can be spent on so many other games ie BF3 premium/planetary annihilation.

The ign keys where premium from 3-6 September, then open for every ign user from the 7th- they went pretty quick.

7. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Beta Key giveaway - Edit - two left, you need to be in the chat now :( All gone
    Edit - and the twitter where they give keys away to followers https://twitter.com/planetside2
    Edit - just saw Higby dev hack the server to accelerate the time of day. 24hr in 30 seconds!

And something older I remembered

Last edited: 11 Sep 2012
  8. oliverr97

oliverr97 What's a Dremel?

I can't wait for this game and internet is apperently being updated soon, so i'll actually be able to see it :)

9. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

Planetside is awesome

10. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Good news people, according to Higby I will (in about a weeks time) have a spare beta key to give away. So who wants it?

Edit - He also linked to this article I casted an eye over, not watched the videos though.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2012
  11. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

It does look epic

12. defined

defined Botch-Job

So any more beta keys around anywhere?

13. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Received the key for one lucky person, not sure how to do this though, and I don't have time right now. I'll be taking suggestions.

14. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Possibly do a raffle like TGS has done?

15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

16. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Quite a few of my friends already in the Beta have bought Alpha squad which gives you an additional key, how ive gotten in.

Im really liking PS2 so far, a good squad makes so much of a difference. Only one thing i would like to see is more small atv's avalaible at the random bases to get you back into combat if ure left behind.

17. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

I'm thinking I may cave and get the Alpha package....I really want to play this game. I've watched a few hours of streaming on twitch and I really do like the emphasis on squad coordination. It appears to be much more vital than games like BF3. It was really cool watching a bunch of squads coordinate and form a huge convoy complete with artillary and air support going to kick some *** :)

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Signed up.
    Fingers crossed.

19. suragh

suragh Derp

Anyone playing on EU1 or 3?

20. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Stop me if I'm wrong but those YouTube clips make the game look like a total yawnfest.