1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Planning a mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Groedius, 28 May 2010.

1. Groedius

Groedius What's a Dremel?

OK so I am new to modding and have decided to modify my Enermax uber chakra case main reason is because my side panel does not fit onto my case any more thanks to the fan and the scythe mugen 2.

http://www.enermaxusa.com/catalog/images/cs_uber_b_1_big.jpg

I was looking into keeping it simple for the most part. Perhaps cutting an window out of the side panel and then mounting the acrylic to the outside of the case so that I could fit my current fan back inside there.

Other thing I was considering was changing or a new front panel. I'm not really too sure on a design for it but I'm not too keen on the current one on there.

I might try attempt some sort of designs but I have never used google sketch up before.

What tools would I need to do this and how hard would it be.

2. Groedius

Ive been playing around with sketch up and looking at various sites and such on what is available in the UK. Came up with this

[​IMG]

Id get an 500 x 500 acrylic and cut it to that and then stick it on (Liquid nails or something ?) Then i could have the fan back in there and have it still fit into my case. Probably not the best sketch in the world imo but was my first try :p. How hard would it be to do something like this ?

Also any ideas about the fan because the pre installed fan has an switch on the outside of the case for the LEDs would it be hard to transfer that or put in a new switch for it ?

Any ideas on what i could do with the front panel ? Scrap the whole thing or what ?

3. SPNKR

SPNKR Pretty Good Kid

Try sketchup, and read the build logs on this forum. To be honest, there really is not one tool or set of tools that will fulfill your needs. It depends on personal preference, style, and conditions, and every mod is different.

Just Remember: Forum lurking=Knowledge

4. Groedius

Have been forum lurking without too much luck was looking for some information on painting my case and were to get said paint here in the UK. I think I probably have the tools to cut the side panel out.

What would be the best way to stick the acrylic ?