1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Planning ahead - Part the 2nd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jeff Hine, 14 Jul 2019.

1. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

Might have to consider moving some of my old kit on... depending on how fast I want to do a water cooling upgrade. Might be a good idea to get the new kit I have working first. :(

2. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

The XE version may or may not be too fat to fit in the front of the Define C (dunno how big the cut out in the PSU shroud is), but yes, in general you can stuff a 360 rad in the front of it.

Cheaper? If you want new this is basically the only game in town:
    https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/parts/

The performance difference isn't all that big between alu and copper, so well worth considering for for those on a budget.
    There is however a hidden cost: As you should never ever mix alu and copper in the same loop there is effectively zero compatibility with WC parts from other brands.

3. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

Just 'threw' some similar kit to the prev. linked list into a cart & it's ~£80 cheaper... :eek:

Galvanic corrosion is not fun...

4. Osgeld

Osgeld Member

its totally dependent on your skills, willingness, and time

I can't say that X will fit Y out of the box but if the numbers match up you can make most things work, your thinking a 360 rad in a case that's got a OD of 440mm tall, case spec's say it can handle a front 360 with 144 thickness so add in fan fatness and do some math it will work, its just going to be tight

THEN add in fittings and tubing and bend radius of said tubing, even soft tubing has a substantial radius and you end up with not impossible but not exactly a drag n drop situation

as far as aluminum and copper... yes YOU should not do it, but its done all the time in AIO's (and cars and industrial) cause they have educated nerds not putting random crap though the loop, but for joe blow putting walmart distilled water though a loop with god knows what dyes and additives its not a very fun experience

Last edited: 10 Aug 2019