1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Plastics question

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Stwongbad, 27 Nov 2006.

1. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Im sorry to be selfish as I know there are countless links for US plastics in the sticky but i cant find any for the thickness i want.Which im not sure if its unreasonable wanting it this thin (2mm)

Reason i want it so thin and such is cause SOMONE!?! threw away one of the panels to my mod so ima either glue,tape,bolt,skrew the desired arylic panel where the ordinary steel one should be and work from there. If somone could point me to a website which offers colored acrylic in various sizes and thicknesses it'd be a great help as im looking forward to finally finishing this!

[​IMG] sorry for lack or a worklog. I ultimately decided against one due to my irregular working hours. (hardcore working for 3 days..no work for 3 more months)

2. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I get all of my acrylic from www.delviesplastics.com . they have reasonable shipping, plenty of colors (not sure about your thickness though) and there is no minimum order like some site, and they're close to Cali.

3. devenfore

devenfore LANCandy

I second www.delviesplastics.com for the US. I live in SLC (they are about 20 minutes from me), and the last time I needed some plexi (for a light-table) I used them. Very reasonable prices. The people there are very friendly, and they have just about every kind of plexi you could imagine. I think they have up to 1" thick cast acrylic, polycarbonate, and some other stuff also.

I would recommend giving them a call, the staff are very helpful and won't try to upsell you on something you don't need.

4. Sphering

Sphering What's a Dremel?

May be a stupid question, but have you thought about making a new sidepanel out of alu or steel and to mount the plexi on. Then you don't have to worry so much about thickness and you could also cover up your hdd-rack at the same time.