1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Play.com arhhh

Discussion in 'General' started by antonyand, 12 Oct 2011.

1. antonyand

antonyand mmm Jaffa Cakes

So back in June, I needed to get some Xbox points for some dlc content for a game(so long ago now can't remember what game). I was going to buy direct from microsoft, but then i thought theres no massive rush, i can wait a few days for delivery. So i bought from play.com, saved a few pennies and thought great. My mates that also had said game had bought direct and playing DLC content striaght away. I said i'll be on in a few days. Waited till end of the week and nothing. play saying has been dispatched, all other items had turned up, all on different days?! Thought might just be lost in the post, i will wait.

Waited till the time that play advise before you can log as missing, back then was 21 days, waited and then sent mail. They sent out a letter, that had a missing item form. Filled it in and sent back to them.

waited some more. After a further 21 days had gone since posting letter, incase they say my letter hasn't had enough time to turn up, they said "we have heard nothing back form you and thought the item has turned up". I e-mailed back asking another way to get missing item form to them, they said post, after i advised already done the post route managed to agreed to scan and e-mail it to them. sent e-mail around the 1st or 2nd week of August.

Once again waited. Didn't hear anything form them. So i thought i'd send another e-mail checking the status of my refund or replacement. once again around 1st or 2nd week or Sept. They did respond with a nice e-mail saying "We received the scanned copy of the missing claim form you have sent us.Please be advised that your query is being taken care of. We are looking into it with urgency and rest assure that you will receive an update via email"

Thought great, gonna get the xbox live points i paid for back in june! So i waited...... and waited some more. then the 7th of Oct comes around, i reply to the e-mail with a copy of the "We are looking into it with urgency" and then "really?" That was all i said. I got an e-mial the next day saying that the case has been fully sorted and i will get the xbox live points sent out in the post.

If it takes them a quarter of a year to sort a simple missing item, good knows how you would return a fault product.

[​IMG]

I remember when play were very good and had a great delivery times, they do have some nice prices now that are tempting, but i will never order with them again.

And to think that i was going to pre order BF3 thro them. I'd rather send 30 pound coins to the "will it blend" guy, would be much more fun seeing the destruction.

Rant OVER!

Sn:99.3% Cu:0.7% likes this.
  2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

+1

I stopped using them long ago. The fact that they offer shipping outside the UK, and force you to change to Euros, only to rape you on some insane exchange rate they made up is a joke. At least you sorted it in the end,,or did you...

Amazon Cheesecake btw.

3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I do order odd things from them if they are very cheap, but nothing expensive or important any more.

I got screwed over a while back when ordering a graphics card, and know others that have had bad experiences. The were-not-going-to-even-talk-about-it-for-21-days thing is just stupid and unreasonable too.

I mostly use Amazon for odds and sods, even on the odd occasion Play is few quid less.
    Not only is their delivery reliable, but their returns system is great too.

4. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I'm never ordering from then ever again.

Ordered a dvd box from them (I think it was the Wire). The first time it got shipped out it never arrived.. missing item report... then a few months later I finally got the item, but the retards mailed it in a plastic bag without any protection, so obviously every corner of the box was broken, shattered plastic. So I sent it back for a replacement.... few months later, I got it, same thing. Sent it back again for a refund and explaining why I would never buy from then again and will tell my friends/relatives/whoever listens the same thing.

They are utterly rubbish. I'm almost certain they delibertly don't send out items, in the hope you won't bother with the missing item report. It seems the royal mail has it out for play.com, if you see how many items don't ever arrive.

Also, why wouldn't they just combine shipping?

5. antonyand

antonyand mmm Jaffa Cakes

This did annoy me aswell. get home to see parcel and think, great all those things i ordered are here, then you open it and it just one of the items. Are they stupid, would they not save money sending out as one parcel. There is no logic behind it.

Now i am having a fight with them about removing my card details off the website and closing my "account".

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Oddly I just bought a case for my Samsung SII which is brand spanking new. I have paid for Friday delivery. Hopefully it arrives as it should. After reading this I am oddly leaning towards buying elsewhere from now on.

7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I never use play.com, Amazon all the way.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have used play to good effect over the years, cheaper games than bought in store or from other retailers. And usually no problems either. Amazon on the other hand screwed my cousin some years ago.

He sold a phone via Amazon, unlocked and tested, person who bought it claimed the phone didnt work as specified. Claimed the money back, the money was taken before the goods where sent back. My cousin was then out of pocket.

9. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

Their returns system is awful. They sent me a completely different t-shirt to the one i ordered. So I went through their returns procedure of sending it to some random kuehne & nagel depot (c/o play.com) .......nothing..... call them up 'can you prove you posted it?' so send them photocopy of the postage receipt.... nothing..... chased n chased and 2 years later i don't have my money back nor the t-shirt i originally ordered as an xmas present for some1. So i've not ordered from them since.

10. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I haven't used them for a while, but never had problems seems like they have gone downhill looking @ the comments. :(

I've ordered in the past games and an external HD, they always turned up fine.

11. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

hmmm never had any problems with them personally in over 10+ orders

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I wonder how the new charges to delivery is going to work out, but now having the option to pay for a faster delivery is worthwhile when ordering products that are wanted sooner or arent willing to wait for.

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Play.com used to be brilliant. I ordered just about everything media wise from them, but now, it's ALL gone down hill, Pre-Orders are late, It takes them days to even bother shipping items out, instead of the usual order before xx pm for same day shipping. It's Amazon and Game for things now, although since Game's website update, things have gone down hill.

Sam

14. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

looks like im in the same boat, i used to order loads through play.com, but for me it went downhill when my email address was no longer valid as it began with numbers, so it was actually impossible to log in!!

I never got an answer to any of the messages that i sent so gave up, now i use a few sites but mainly amazon tbh

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I've used them a ton over the years, but never had to return anything or had an item go missing, so I'm lucky not to have experienced their CS. Doesn't surprise though.

16. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I have never had any problems with Amazon, my prime account is awesome!

17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

You don't need a prime account for amazon to be awesome. I lived in the UK for four years a few years ago, and always used them. Now I live in Greece, and I get free shipping on orders over £25. I've had one order go missing at a value of £125 and they straight away sent me out a replacement order at no extra charge. I've been with them for 6 years or so, and they've always been awesome. Returns, the lot.

18. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I've always bought XBL points from either Microsoft or ebay; the latter is pretty decent as most of the sellers email you the code immediately and you can usually save a few pennies.

19. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I've ordered a lot of items from Play.com and fortunately everything arrived within a week. I usually order small/inexpensive items from them so if they do get lost in the post, I could care less. The more expensive items I order from Amazon though :). I don't trust Play.com enough to order anything expensive.